cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor call audio quality

Drich
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anyone experiencing poor audio quality like cutting out, distortion, background noise? Located in Edmonton. It’s been happening for about a month now, but getting worse to the point where calls are almost unbearable. Other parties in call say quality is fine on their end, but none have been PM customers. 
Tried SIM in two other iPhones and same issues, so it’s not the device. 

8 REPLIES 8

Coco1958

Well I just tried the toggle thingee with airplane mode and I was able to make a clear call from the United States to Canada.  Thanks Darlicous!

Drich

Yep that’s my thoughts too, making me think it’s something with the sim and network connection.

Drich

Thanks I’ll give that a try.

Drich

Thanks for asking. It happens on multiple devices, with and without wired headphones, so I’m certain it’s not device specific. My area is within line of sight to the tower, unless in the basement of course, but within a 800m proximity it shouldn’t matter.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Drich 

Sounds like you have a poor network connection. Try toggling airplane mode on/off and see if that clears up the issue for you.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Drich - so it is a one-way quality issue. It is good that you tested it in other phones, and same thing eh?

Wonder if a faulty sim would act that way.

Try gently cleaning the contacts of the SIM card with a pencil eraser. 

It there are upgrade in the Edmonton area or outages reported, I would think the person you are talking to would have quality issues too, but perhaps not.

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/5946768-edmonton-alberta-canada

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Drich  does this happen pretty much everywhere you go?  or just in some particular spot, like home or office?

you tried using a headphone?  wired or bluetooth, any difference?

What brand/model is your phone?

any chance you get get a second phone to test?  just want to check if it is device related

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Drich 

If this is happening in different locations in your area, try asking the CSA's to reprovision your card. 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.