cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very bad mobile UI of Public Mobile's website

imisstraveling
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I tried opening public mobile's new website on my mobile browser but it was impossible to open. It's not made to suit mobile UI which is very unreasonable. It also very heavy to load even on my super fast internet connection.

20 REPLIES 20

imisstraveling

Thanks for your reply but as someone else also said that your suggestions doesn't help with the fixing the UI. The problem lies because of the crappy UI of the selfserve portal which has to be fixed from the PM's end. In addition to that, everything is updated in my phone including the software and browser.

@Timer wrote:

@imisstraveling 

close all browser and use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode, or in safari on private mode.

do you have this issue anywhere you go,, can you tried turn off device and take out SIM card and insert in other device,

if your device run Android,

• go to your browser app clear cache/clear data,
  • updated version of browser app,
  • check software IOS update date on wifi.

None of the above addresses the customer's concerns about the usability and design of the website interface, nor of the heavy (and I would say unnecessary) graphics that slows load times.

@imisstraveling 

close all browser and use browser from computer, clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode, or in safari on private mode.

do you have this issue anywhere you go,, can you tried turn off device and take out SIM card and insert in other device,

if your device run Android,

• go to your browser app clear cache/clear data,
  • updated version of browser app,
  • check software IOS update date on wifi.

imisstraveling

Sure. I used computers only to write this post but other night, i wanted to check something when I was on the bed. That's when I realized that how slow and buggy mobile website is. 

imisstraveling

Oh, I tried on Chrome only but it takes forever to load the complete website. I also have a 800MBps plan, so I don't see slow internet as a problem. 

ZuckMark
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

2022 and you don't know how to use a browser? 

2022 and you don't know how to open a website?

Why is this is happening just to you, the rest of the smart people we are able to access?

edited by computergeek541: removed inappropriate comment as per terms of service

ZuckMark

Poor people don't have computers.

edited by computergeek541: removed inappropriate comment as per terms of service

ZuckMark

Come on, Chrome, Fire Fox, Opera, Yandex, etc... Do you know them? -_-

@DennyCrane- As the OP says "very heavy to load". I agree. Bloated. I was just checking the Telus site and they seem to have the same slowness. It's quite painful. It should be much more pared down for a mobile browser. Certainly should be less painful on a non-mobile. I would be embarrassed to roll out such a system to foist on the customers. Terrible.

Pixel 5a. I just tried my iPhone XR as well, and it's the same slow speed to load all the widgets. Same goes for the experience on a computer. It just feels very bloated. Add to that the incorrect data usage that still hasn't been fixed, shows me PM cares more about the pretty look than the actual user experience.  

HI@DennyCrane   What kind of phone do you have?

Any chance for you to try again on another phone?

@DennyCrane wrote:

That's not a valid answer in 2022. Many people don't even have computers anymore. 

Well, maybe I am outdated... Still prefer big screen than minuscule phone's... But to each his own. Same as I prefer solid automatic watch with sapphire crystal then these 'activity' trackers you have to charge every few hours.

@hTideGnow, @dust2dust  Thanks. I tried PM on a phone. Looks OK. Cannot comment on functionality as my account works as expected.

That's not a valid answer in 2022. Many people don't even have computers anymore. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

yup, and it's not much better on a computer browser. UI is pretty, but it's painfully slow and has lots of bugs. I prefer the old outdated site, because even though I had to zoom, it was SO much faster to load.

I see where the developers were going here, but in my view the overall UI has degraded. But it looks pretty 🙄

@Meow wrote:

Use computer (way bigger screen) for any account interaction. I never use mobile version so cannot say if it really optimized for phones...

HI @Meow   Try it.. this new version is different from the old one.  

Old one is not optimized for mobile browser, so, you have to zoom in

But this new one will detects it is a mobile browser and will give you a different layout.  Try it , be 21st century  🙂

@Meow- Can you at least try it? It's way better than it was. You don't have to zoom in anymore to see things. But the functioning of it is way worse with how they've implemented it. Not just mobile too.

HI @Coffee4me   Also, it is best to use Incognito mode for checking usage.  There are some issue with cache or cookies and sometimes you are not seeing the updated info if you don't use Incognito mode

Coffee4me
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am facing the same issue as well. What I did was 1) use a laptop instead to check my data usage, 2) turn on VPN then try, sometimes it works. Hope it helps!

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Use computer (way bigger screen) for any account interaction. I never use mobile version so cannot say if it really optimized for phones...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @imisstraveling   I was able to load on my cell phone without any trouble

try to use different browser and see if you have different experience.  Try download Edge or Chrome on your mobile phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.