cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Important!!

TANZA2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi my name is April. I just got my phone back from the police station. My car was stolen in the beginning of this month and my phone was in my car. My plan just expired today and I never got to use my phone cause of the inisident that happened. I've been with this company for over a year now.....what can be done? Can you please reimburse me for this? My phone number im referring to is **********. Hope to hear back from you as soon as possible. Thank you 

10 REPLIES 10

@jor123 wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Really not sure anything can or even should be done about this.  I know it is an unfortunate thing that you didn't have your phone and had already paid for it for 30 days.  I understand it wasn't planned or your fault that you were without your phone for this time but if I was to say get sick and be in a hospital for 30 days, my power, and cable providers wouldn't reimburse me for services not used.

There's something called a goodwill gesture...I'm sure most providers other than a utility like power would allow you to suspend your service or do something to mitigate the loss.

@jor123, I do understand that but you also have people that use this phone provider for emergencies only.  So if they didn't use it for the 30 days should they be reimbursed?  It is a prepaid service and PM provided the service.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@hairbag1 wrote:

In hind site...you should have logged into My Account / Plan & Add-ons / Lost-Stolen ..then click Suspend your service.

You can try, as suggested, to see if there's any consideration...but don't be surprised if your request is denied.

How about going through your auto insurance. Put a claim in for the time you were without cell service.

Good luck...and keep us posted.

Lost or stolen phone only deactivates the sim.  It will not pause the plan on say day 7 and when you reactivate be day 8.  It will, however, prevent the account from being renewed if you have autopay set up. 

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

In hind site...you should have logged into My Account / Plan & Add-ons / Lost-Stolen ..then click Suspend your service.

You can try, as suggested, to see if there's any consideration...but don't be surprised if your request is denied.

How about going through your auto insurance. Put a claim in for the time you were without cell service.

Good luck...and keep us posted.

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@TANZA2019 You need to buy a new sim card and new phone. Public Mobile did provide the service even if not used. Sorry that the criminal did that to your car.

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Really not sure anything can or even should be done about this.  I know it is an unfortunate thing that you didn't have your phone and had already paid for it for 30 days.  I understand it wasn't planned or your fault that you were without your phone for this time but if I was to say get sick and be in a hospital for 30 days, my power, and cable providers wouldn't reimburse me for services not used.

There's something called a goodwill gesture...I'm sure most providers other than a utility like power would allow you to suspend your service or do something to mitigate the loss.

@TANZA2019 hi sorry to hear of your problems but I doubt if PM can or will do anything for you but you could try and talk to the moderators Smiley Sad

TANZA2019
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi my name is April. I just got my phone back from the police station. My car was stolen in the beginning of this month and my phone was in my car. My plan just expired today and I never got to use my phone cause of the inisident that happened. I've been with this company for over a year now.....what can be done? Can you please reimburse me for this? My phone number im referring to is **********. Hope to hear back from you as soon as possible. Thank you received_2191621474471575.jpeg

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Im not sure what can be done,but if anything can a moderator will have to help you.

Creating a support ticket:
Explain your issue to SIMON, seen below:

SIMON

Use as few words as possible to allow the BOT to understand. Answer his questions until you get here:

Create a support ticket

Click on "Submit a ticket" and the Moderator team will respond to your concern within 48 hours. May take longer, but the promise of the new Ticketing System was that it will reduce these wait times.
Alternatively, you may send a private message to moderator through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

About @Moderator_Team
Moderator Hours
Monday-Friday: 8AM- 12AM EST
Saturday & Sunday: 8AM-10PM EST

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Best to remove your personal info like your email address and phone or account numbers. It won't help on this forum and it makes it discoverable and available to the general public.To remove your personal information, find your original post.
Click on the three dots in the top right corner and choose "Edit Reply." From there just delete the information or use X's or # signs to show where it would have been.

Need Help? Let's chat.