cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variety of Issues.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

In the last 30 days since the Update and changes to the interface and app were made, I've noticed the following issues, bugs, and missing options that I'd like to point out.

1. Account PIN, once again is missing entirely on all accounts activated after May 2023, since than these accounts are missing the option to set an account PIN on the App or Website entirely, it's not even an option anywhere within self-serve. meanwhile, when you contact CSA from one of these accounts Activated after May for something unrelated, they ask for your Account PIN for validation... well, how can you give that to them if you never set one and don't have the option to within your account? This has been an issue in the past, I had a Post about it many months ago where it was fixed and added back, but now after the latest update it's gone once again.. (All Accounts Activated before May 2023, still have an option within Profile Settings to Reset, and set your Account PIN.) - Also what PIN is CSA seeing and asking for since, on that account you've never been able to set one? What's the default PIN it's putting on all these accounts?

2. Adding Funds to your Available Funds using a Debit or Credit card: Same thing as the Account PIN.. all accounts activated before May of 2023 have this option within the Self Serve > Payment Section of the app, however every account Activated after May 2023 is missing it just like the Account PIN option. I've Posted about this before as well, where they fixed and added it back, but now it's gone and missing again?

3. Picture Messaging: Since the Update was made to the app and interface I've had two referrals plus my Grandma, (all with Public Mobile) unable to send or receive Photo Messages to anyone with Green/MMS Messages. One of them is using a Samsung S10e, and iPhone SE 2020, my Grandma on an iPhone 8+ which are all still supported for MMS.. however when my grandma tries to send me a picture it says 'Not Delivered', when I send her one from my Samsung it shows that it went through, but she never receives it, it's the same case with the S10e and SE.. 

4. In the Mobile App, under the 'Support' Section in the bottom right hand corner is an option called 'Contact us' and 'Chat with an Agent', now when you tap this it brings you to the sales team who can give you nothing more than details and information about the network, in this chat they cannot provide any sort of Support or Account adjustments.. shouldn't this redirect right to a Community message to CS_Agent? 

5. Since the change to the interface has been made, I've had a few reports that it claims you have 1/2 new voicemails, however when you call there is nothing there and the notification doesn't dissapear after attempting to check the 'Ghost message'.

6. $29 • 20GB Plan: Although we finally have a date this Promotional Plan is ending, we're any new Customers actually even able to get it Activated? Because to date, every time I've tried to Activate any account since Black Friday with one of Publics $29 Plans: Payment error/Payment gets rejected. 

7. Sometime ago I was with my Best Friend who is on the $34 • 40GB Canada Plan, now since this friend doesn't have wifi at home he depends on this Data and wanted to change his plan to the $34 • 50GB since he will get a little more out of it for the same price. I was going to assist him to sceduale it to change on his renewal date, however when he tried signing into his account he didn't remember the password, we had to reset it which we did successfully with the EverSafe ID code sent to his phone. > We updated the password and went to sign in with the email and New Password > it says 'Exceeded the Number of log-in Attempts. Your account is locked. Please try again in one hour.' > We proceeded to wait for over two hours, went for dinner, slurpees, and a walk since the weather is finally getting nice here. > Once we got back to his place, we tried signing in again and it still says the same thing: Account Locked - Try again in 1 hour. > We give up until I went back over yesterday where we decided to try again.. it still says locked for 1 hour after over a week since our last login attempt.. further, the same thing happened with one of my personal accounts today even though I used my usual Email and Password that always worked before, it seems this hour never runs out because even if I wait over an hour to try again, it still says locked for an hour again which is leading me to believe this is a system issue that needs to be promptly worked on, because now  we are both locked out for the Infinite and never ending hour.  :,(

Aside from the issues, I'm loving the new design and although I've noticed and pointed out almost every issue, I'm very impressed with and also notice every little improvement made recently. 👏

We just need to get these things worked on, so all of self serve can be accessible to everyone. 

14 REPLIES 14

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@hairbag1 - Yes, I agree with you!

@fixin1 

kinda looks like PM has strayed from their original concepts, eh !!

fixin1

@hairbag1 

Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 1.15.15 PM.png

Please ignore the "Always will put you on hold." Thought they were still talking about CS_Agents putting you on hold. Community members don't put you on hold.

Priority

@Hollister That worked! I just regained access to my account and my friends by resetting the Password.

Even after resetting the password it still said user locked out, but than when I tried logging in with the New Password it worked.

Thanks, tremendously. 👏👏

Screenshot_20240406_130324_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hollister

@Priority wrote:

@Handy1 Some customers will have to pay that bigger 'Premium Price' for the same services come May 1st. 😛

@Hollister Great idea, thanks. I'll try that now.

I am only suggesting to try again because I got locked out too and it was only after trying to reset the pw multiple times I was able to get in eventually.

@Priority  LOL yes they most certainly will , MUCH LESS 4 more $ . Shall be the new motto . If you can’t afford reliability rent this lack luster service 

Priority

@Handy1 Some customers will have to pay that bigger 'Premium Price' for the same services come May 1st. 😛

@Hollister Great idea, thanks. I'll try that now.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Priority  . Since the change to the interface has been made, I've had a few reports that it claims you have 1/2 new voicemails, however when you call there is nothing there and the notification doesn't dissapear after attempting to check the 'Ghost message'.

There have been a few people posting here with similar issues not realizing that after updating their iPhones to ios17 Apple's Live Voicemail it kicks in instead of Public Mobile's voicemail.  So if they go to PM voicemail the usual way there are no messages but the notifications still show.  To see the message transcripts you have to tap on the voicemail icon bottom right of the phone app, not go to PM voicemail in the usual way. 

Hollister

@Priority 

Try changing the pw again and see what happens. Make sure to use incognito.

Priority

For the locked accounts, given you know I've probably already tried everything because making a post here is my last resort.

Yes, I've tried on the App on Samsung, the App on iPhone, the Website on Chrome, Duckduckgo, Samsung Internet, Safari, and Brave, also trying with the private browsers of all of those and no matter which one I try, it still says locked for 1 hour even after waiting a day in between trying sometimes. 

I thought maybe it was a Mobile issue, however it persisted even when I tried on my Laptop or from a different iP address, to see if that was triggering it. (Tried signing in at the mall, no luck.)

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Great observation but I doubt PM management will ever read or address all these issues.

MOST IMPRTANT would be to fix updating credit card info as customers cannot pay the bills.

I am scarred what would happen in a few months when my card gets renewed and I would need to update info on PM site...

fixin1

@Priority - Everything is getting broken by every maintenance period they get. Last time it was the updating Credit / Debit info.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Priority 

for most issues, you know the workarounds already.  I think you need to submit a proper ticket and hope they will fix soon

for the account login problem, you tried Incognit/private/secret mode? you tried PM app?  We see many with that problem and ended up with CS agent too

Need Help? Let's chat.