cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLTE

kutzki
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Why don't you guys have VoLTE? Bell has it? Rogers has it? My phone CAN have it, but the network needs to support it. 😛

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @beedance0   But they haven't shutdown 3G yet

for existing area that 3G has coverage, it's ok

I guess for new area that they trying to expand the coverage with new towers , then yes, it's a problem as they won't put 3G on it

beedance0
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was told by a BELL Tech all new towers are only VOLTE so if you can't use VOLTE you will have no service on that tower.

@publicwhat wrote:

volte is on now.. my vivo 5r now shows HD when on wifi calls 

I just tried on my phone and as expected, the network automatically switches over to the HSPA network when making or receiving any calls.

In addition, HD Voice doesn't require LTE. Wind/Freedom started using that voice algorithm on a 3g/HSPA-type network.

What does HD Voice while on Wi-Fi call even have to do with VoLTE?   They're different technologies.

Sorry, but there's absolutely no VoLTE nor any Wi-Fi calling here at Public Mobile.

publicwhat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

volte is on now.. my vivo 5r now shows HD when on wifi calls 

Yuri
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is in the carrier's interest to roll out VoLTE, since it streamlines their network infrastructure over the long term. The network is simpler and cheaper to maintain. I suspect it's simply a matter of when they'll get around to implementing the changes for PM.

neo911

kinda sad to hear Telus does not intend to bring VoLTE to PM.

But eventually, it has to since most of the players excluding wind and chatr will have VoLTE.

Maybe once Telus rolls it across its own network for their own brand and Koodo they might roll out for PM too. Maybe they want to give some first mover advantage to its own customers.

Hopefully medium future PM gets VOLTE, would make PM more lucrative

kutzki
**bleep** dude. That sucks so much!

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

It would be nice to have VoLTE for sure.  

I read a mobile syrup article where they asked Telus about this and they said no VoLTE is planned for PM in the near future.  

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
There's a reason we're a no frills family around here 🤑

neo911

@kutzki VoLTE is still not available on TELUS.

Telus has launched VoLTE in B.C as of now.

Even if Telus does launch it, it is not clear if they introduce it for prepaid services and especially for PM.

I guess we will have to wait and watch.

But, Yes VoLTE is the way forward and I hope we do get it at least by 2017

Cheers !

Need Help? Let's chat.