cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOIP calls

PBRick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm not sure if this is a Public Mobile, VOIP.MS or Zoiper (softphone) issue, but recently I'm unable to hear the incoming caller when connected to my VoIP provider over PM LTE. I can still make and receive calls. I've played around with many of the settings, but no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

9 REPLIES 9

I had an issue where all calls with "textnow" app were hanging up after 1 second. Turned out it was my bluetooth connection to Windows 10 "Your phone" . Turned off bluetooth, and textnow calls work.

Maybe test with Bluetooth disabled.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@PBRick Thats odd. What if you try switching to 3G ? Its either your phone or something wrong over the data network with VOIP.MS. Can you try another phone ?, Another app ? if all of that dosent work it might be worth contacting VOIP.MS technical support. I wonder what they have to say.

Im sorry i am taking so long to respond. I am not getting the message notifications on my community account.

PBRick

Thanks for the reply. My settings appear to have been set like that. I'm on Android, recently updated to 10. Maybe that's part of the problem?

Anyway I have noticed something else. When I call outbound under LTE, I hear it ring once, them silence. Who knows, the destination is probably ringing, but I can't hear it anymore.

BearFBI

@PBRick I found this from another post in the forum with a person that had the same problem as you. This was the solution.

For the Zoiper app, it will need background data + unrestricted data usage:

Open Zoiper -> go to settings -> Connectivity

Enable Keep Alive WiFi (unless you want to switch to 3g/4g when the wireless turns off).

Stay awake is on

Run in background is on

Then go to Android Settings -> Apps -> Zoiper -> Data Usage

Enable background data

Enable Unrestricted data usage

The guy had an android. If you have an iphone try doing the iphone equivalent of these steps.

BearFBI

@PBRick wrote:

Thank you for your response. I do see the caller id, and when I answer, they can hear me but I can't hear them. And I am on the value package.

I've tried a couple of softphones, same problem.

I'm on the Montreal server, have been for quite a while. Could change to Toronto, or one of the other Montreal servers.

Jeeze sorry. I though you said caller ID. Lol i cant read.

PBRick

Thank you for your response. I do see the caller id, and when I answer, they can hear me but I can't hear them. And I am on the value package.

I've tried a couple of softphones, same problem.

I'm on the Montreal server, have been for quite a while. Could change to Toronto, or one of the other Montreal servers.

PBRick

Yes, and calls on Wi-Fi are still fine. It's just when I'm registered to my VoIP provider over PM LTE I can't hear the voice at the 'other end'.

fdrcamb519

@PBRick 

@PBRick wrote:

I'm not sure if this is a Public Mobile, VOIP.MS or Zoiper (softphone) issue, but recently I'm unable to hear the incoming caller when connected to my VoIP provider over PM LTE. I can still make and receive calls. I've played around with many of the settings, but no luck.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Were you able to make calls, with  your voip service using PM before, but not now ???

BearFBI

@PBRick Can you see the incoming caller ID over an internet connection ? It definitely seems to be a problem with VOIP.MS as the routing works differently over mobile data networks. Are you on premium routing or value routing ? Caller ID is not guaranteed on value routing. Can you try switching your VOIP.MS Server to another one ?

Need Help? Let's chat.