cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOICEMAIL UNKNOWN ERROR

jjsjavier1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone!

I'm getting an unknown error when I try to access my voicemail.

It doesn't even ring and just goes silent.

Has anyone else encountered such a problem and how did you solve it?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

@Jimmy_59 so, you were unable to call your voicemail by pressing 1 ?? or your friend was unable to leave a message ??

Jimmy_59
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Me as well! About a week ago not connecting at all just silent. It is frustrating. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jjsjavier1 wrote:

Hello everyone!

I'm getting an unknown error when I try to access my voicemail.

It doesn't even ring and just goes silent.

Has anyone else encountered such a problem and how did you solve it?

Thanks!

@jjsjavier1  - does restarting your phone help?

Try performing a Reset of you Network Settings.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Try to delete any voicemail contact you have in your phone and readd it in. You can choose whichever number you wish in this list if you like:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles?category=phones&subcategory=voicemail-features

(above link is what I think @hTideGnow meant to post instead)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jjsjavier1   Try calling yourself from a landline and see if it get to your VM.

If not, try one of the number from the list in this post (pick one in your area code):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/VOICEMAIL-UNKNOWN-ERROR/m-p/796750

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you try calling your voice mail from another phone (land line, different cell)? Do you get the same error?

Need Help? Let's chat.