Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

cannot set up my voicemail account

5 REPLIES 5

bILLiLEY

no

bILLiLEY

I tried that and it wouldn`t even go to voice mail it just gives me a strange answer

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@bILLiLEY 

Setting Up a Personalized Message or Greeting

• Hold down the ‘1’ key on your phone keypad to dial your voicemail access number. Calling your own 10-digit phone number will also bring you to your voicemail.
  • When prompted, enter a password between 4 to 15 digits long. Try to make it hard to guess, but easy to remember. It will be more secure if you avoid using numbers that are repetitive or sequential such as ‘0000’ or ‘12345’. And don't share it with anyone. And I mean anyone such as a girlfriend, boyfriend, or whomever. Unless, you are a parent or guardian, then it makes sense (well, ask me this in 10 years from now!)
  • Choose whether you want to bypass your password when calling from your own phone (I do, cause I am lazy and most people probably don't want to enter a password on their own phone again to access their messages!)
  • Record your name and a personalized greeting, "Hi, am Billi Ley, the one and only..."
  • When you’re done, follow the directions to save it, hang up to end the greeting.
  • Give a shout out to the universe and say make it work! Kidding. It should be fine by this stage!  

Give it whirl and test it out on a different phone or landline. 

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@bILLiLEY wrote:

What happens if you hold 1 to dial?  Does it connect? The number might not be programmed right. If you call your number, do you reach voicemail?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@bILLiLEY wrote:

Have you looked at the help file to set up voicemail:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

Need Help? Let's chat.