cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using public mobile Internationally

Sector7G
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm currently in the Philippines using a dual sim phone.

I have the local sim working (using it to post this) but public mobile sim is not registering on globe 2g, smart 2g, or smart 3g selecting the networks manually.

I don't plan to use the public mobile roaming option, but as far as I know, it should still register and receive text messages ?

If I am in Canada using public mobile the opposite works where I am able to receive messages on the Philippines sim even though I have no international roaming plan.

How do I get the public mobile sim to register?

4 REPLIES 4

PhoneHome8932
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi. If you have an Android phone, enabling RCS chat in Messages app could work . 

This would require the other person uses RCS chat too. This is sent over the internet via your local SIM Data or WIFI.

Or use Whatsapp or similar app.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

The only area outside of Canada that you can connect to a network is the USA with a roaming package or the Can/US plan.  Everywhere else you won't be able to connect and won't receive any services

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Sector7G
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ah,

That would explain it.

Lol, I should have know that before signing up haha

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sector7G it is normal that your PM sim does not work in Phillipines. PM has NO service at all outside of Canada and USA.  So, there simply no roaming option and hence no service in Phillipines 

Need Help? Let's chat.