cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using data while cell data off

BibiBunny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

IMG_4741.png

my phone is using data while cellular data is Off, while I sleep and i am on my home wifi. On February 19, 2024 i have in my history 0.02 MB at 12:30 am and 0.29MB at 1:30 am.

5 REPLIES 5

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I noticed this too, thought it was strange my phone was using data when I was on wifi.  Does seem to be as hTideGnow says they update our usage once a day at that hour.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @BibiBunny 

you didn't used those data that time, just PM posted cumulative usage two times a day.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@BibiBunny 

PM does not update the data usage constantly.  In fact, it only update it twice a day. 

So, any entry you see is just a total usage between that timestamp and the timestamp of the previous entry.  The early morning usage  you see on the Usage log does not mean it was used in the morning but a total usage for the last 12 hours.

Also, for correct usage reading, always use Incognito mode to login My Account to avoid reading cached old info

BibiBunny
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My wifi assist was disabled the whole time.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@BibiBunny  Note PM updates its usage 2x a day so your seeing time stamped usage being updated when hour asleep but that was for the prior 12 hours used . If you have iPhone turn off wifi assist . With wifi on you can still use cellular day if wifi assist is enabled . Short of turning off cell data completely 

Need Help? Let's chat.