cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using USA credit card to sign up?

Emrys
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Having trouble trying to sign up for a new subscription ($50 US-Canada) and e-sim, but cannot get past the payment form as it requires a Canadian postal code, but I’m a US citizen with a 5digit zipcode for my payment. Am I unable to sign up for this subscription?

14 REPLIES 14

You can't buy an esim in a store. You can buy sims in corporate stores and MobileKlink. Call around. Look for them by clicking on the Pick up a sim card link down below all this in the dark area.
I did find the fact that they don't take US cards for sign up.
https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/subscribing

Emrys

That makes sense. So if I just stop by the mall today at the telus I should be good getting a e-sim using my US credit card right?

@Emrys wrote:

Ok, thank you. If I end up going into a store will I run into the same issue if I try my US credit card or will I need to get a prepaid card even if I visit a Telus store?

Stores won't help with Pubolic Mobile activations.  All they will do is sell a SIM card.

Emrys

Ok, thank you. If I end up going into a store will I run into the same issue if I try my US credit card or will I need to get a prepaid card even if I visit a Telus store?

Sign up does appear to only work with a postal code. Once signed up then the payment screen in the account does accept a zip code.

Emrys

Gotcha, so the prepaid will have a Canadian zip right? Thank you for the response 

GC5

Well, things are changing. I'm a former customer service representative that happens to work right for Public Mobile (remember PM having call centers until 2016?)...

HI @Emrys 

it's not ok, the payment won't go through or you won't be even able to put your credit card there

You should get a prepaid credit card for activation

Emrys

So if the zipcode do not match the credit card it would be ok?

with the prepaid, I do have that question of having the zipcode being matched to my home zip and this back to square one?

@GC5 wrote:

Actually found an useful info: The address in the Credit Card field on the customer's prepaid account musdt match the address on customer's credit card, i.e. where you receive the statements for the card transactions.

The above isn't correct.  Other than the postal code, the customer's name and address isn't checked duing the payment procedure.

GC5

Hi!

I know how annoying must be to try using a valid card and still not working for payments.

Actually found an useful info: The address in the Credit Card field on the customer's prepaid account must match the address on customer's credit card, i.e. where you receive the statements for the card transactions. Are you getting by mail, while in Canada, these statements? Are you able physically to have them right where you live in Canada, or maybe in P.O. Box nearby (maybe that should be the postal code you should use)?

Hi @Emrys 

you cannot use the US credit card then.

Instead, go to a store and use it to buy a prepaid credit ard.  You can enter any valid postal code with that prepaid CC

Emrys

thank you for your reply-

it is in the billing payment page where I’m supposed to put the zip code and it will not allow me to type in numerical digits first and will only accept the form of letter-number-letter space number-letter-number

IMG_2461.jpeg

@Emrys wrote:

Having trouble trying to sign up for a new subscription ($50 US-Canada) and e-sim, but cannot get past the payment form as it requires a Canadian postal code, but I’m a US citizen with a 5digit zipcode for my payment. Am I unable to sign up for this subscription?

US credit cards are supposed to work.  Is it in the customer informaiton section that ask for your name and address where it's not being accepted or is in the payment process where your ZIP code isn't being allowed?

Need Help? Let's chat.