cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User needs old phone number

Rmazz60
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Long story.  In 2021 I lent an unused iphone to someone who then created an account with PublicMobile.  After several months he terminated the account and returned the phone to me.  At that time he also had an Apple account and used his PublicMobile phone number as the sign in credential.  He has since left Canada for USA and no longer uses either  PublicMobile or Apple.  He now needs access to his Apple Account but needs his old PublicMobile phone number to get in.  He doesn't remember the phone number and the only information that he has is an order number.  He says that he can't access the help Chat since he no longer has an account.

Any suggestion?

2 REPLIES 2

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Rmazz60 

Only thing left to do is to do a factory reset on the iPhone and create a new Apple account. Other than photos, I don’t know why he needs to get into his old Apple account. 
Without credentials (receipt of purchase from Apple) when he goes to Apple. They will assume the iPhone is lost or stolen.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

I hate to say it @Rmazz60 I think your friend is going to have to contact Apple support as too much time has passed.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/contact 

Need Help? Let's chat.