cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use an existing Public Mobile number to merge

sulpouce8262
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have two phone numbers in two seperate accounts, call the old one 6818 and the new one 8262. What I want to do is keep my existing 6818 plan, rewards, bonuses and minutes, but just change the phone number to use the 8262 number (which was originally temporarilly created).

I checked the change numbers option; if I cancel my 8262 account, will that release the phone number so that I can just use the change numbers option with my old plan?

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Luddite 

Well this makes for an interesting thread and solution? Or a community joke? Or a twisted algebra equation? Can you figure out the solution below before the OP chooses the correct solution?🤔

1. 5 community members replied to another community member's thread.
  2. 3 members are Oracles. 2 community members are top 1%ers.1 member is the OP.
  3. 2 members offer different suggestions for the OP's question.
  4. 2 members agree with one another that one of the suggestions is a solution.
  5. 2 other members agree that part of question asked is not possible.
  6. 1 member agrees that a suggestion offered is agreeable and chooses a solution.
  7. 1 other member given the solution suggests that their other reply is the actual solution.
  8. 1 Oracle agrees with 1 of the top 1%ers. 1 other Oracle agrees with the other top 1%ers.
  9. 1 of the members unmarks the OP's originally chosen solution.
  10. 1 more Oracle joins the thread and chooses 1 of the other 3 Oracle's reply as the solution.
  11. 1 of the top 1%ers disagrees with 3 of the Oracle's solutions.
  12. 2 members have more than double the solutions of 2 Oracles.
  13. 3 Oracles's combined solutions are more than 1 member's and 1 Oracle's solutions.
  14. 1 member has no solutions and 1 Oracle has no replies in the thread.
  15. If  x + y = z and z is the solution. Does z supply the OP's question with the correct solution?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sulpouce8262 

Thank you for the solution however if you still feel I gave you the solution perhaps editing the solution you chose to my previous post that has my suggestion would be a better choice?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

sulpouce8262

Thanks everyone!! Every type of solution, on-book or off-book suggestions are always appreciated!!! As long as thhe job get's done1!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@popping 

Maybe I should have said "some".....have admonished me for my creative possible solutions for customers wanting keep their accounts and rewards but require CSA intervention to assign a phone number or save the account because the phone number must be ported out but the customer wants to retain the account for personal use. When previous answers have been a flat out "No...cant be done." But I shouldn't lump all Oracle's in together as you are all individuals.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious 

Where you get the idea Oracles will be mad at you by letting another person to take over a PM account?  One of my options for subscriber to cancel their account is to let other to take over existing account.  I don't think PM will mind that either because PM will get a new subscribers without spending marketing $/referral credit.

Getting an old number from the "cancel number to be assigned waiting pool" is acceptable if CSA can find it and was not assigned.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@sulpouce8262 

Ok the Oracle's will probably get mad at me for suggesting this....so "in theory" especially if the 8262 account is under the old rewards program you find someone interested in taking over that account who will change numbers releasing the original pm 8262 number into the hold number pool.

Similar to when I accidently lost my referrals account and number by mixing up the day 90 date for reactivation. While customer support could not save the account they offered to retrieve the number. About 7 weeks later I activated a new account for my referral with some stacked holiday promos and contacted customer support who assigned the original phone number onto the account for my referral.

Another customer had a similar request wanting to take back his original account from his mom and port his number in but move her number to either a new account or existing one ( I can't remember which) and they agreed. If you reason is compelling enough and pm gains or retains a customer then they may be willing to bend the rules by retrieving 8262 once released since you are not asking for the numbers to be swapped between accounts as 6818 will be released. YMMV of course....

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

There is no way to merge two accounts under the same plan

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@sulpouce8262   sorry, not possible either.  There is no merging or family account type of sharing minutes (or data) idea here.  Every account is standalone by itself.   

sulpouce8262

DO you know if there is a way to merge two accounts under the same plan, so I dont lose all minutes and such?

@sulpouce8262 wrote:

I have two phone numbers in two seperate accounts, call the old one 6818 and the new one 8262. What I want to do is keep my existing 6818 plan, rewards, bonuses and minutes, but just change the phone number to use the 8262 number (which was originally temporarilly created).

I checked the change numbers option; if I cancel my 8262 account, will that release the phone number so that I can just use the change numbers option with my old plan?

If the first account ("old") that you mentioned get closed, you lose everything on the account. Sorry, but isn't something that Public Mobile will asssist you with.   You also can't just cancel "new". If you do that, "new" won't be available to change to.

Using the change number feature will not help. You cannot send a phone number from one Public Mobile account to another.

If you no longer need the "old" number, you could port "new" to another carrier.  You would then be able to port "new" into the account that has the rewads. However, the "old" phone number will be forever lost after that.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

This is not possible to swap numbers between PM accounts, even if you are closing one.  What you would need to do is port out the number you want on your preferred plan to another provider to then port back into Public Mobile

Edited to add:  By canceling that number doesn't mean it would be available immediately.  Not sure if it would be released back into the pool immediately for you to access again.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.