cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us roaming

Chris111
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased us roaming, was charged twice and I have no service. I am in us now.

10 REPLIES 10

@Chris111 wrote:

It will not connect to T-Mobile. I will try in a different area. All I want is voice and text while I am visiting.

Hopefully another area would have a better result.  

For text, you should be able to receive it LTE and 3G (so, it won't be affected by the shutdown of 3G)

But for voice, you really need to connect to 3G towers.  

And you checked your My Account and confirmed that you see the Roaming add-on there?  For Talk and Text, you will only see it on the Plan Details page (https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/ChangePlanLandingPage/

TJ8716
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You need to turn roaming on (settings on your phone) and then it should connect you automatically 

@Chris111  - have you restarted your phone? This can help you get connected to the correct network.

Performing a Reset of your device's Network Settings can also help.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Chris111

It will not connect to T-Mobile. I will try in a different area. All I want is voice and text while I am visiting.

There is talk, there is text, there is data. There is a talk and text bundle, there is a talk and text and data bundle.

You would see data under my data & add-ons. You would talk and/or text on the plan details page. You would see these purchases in the payment history.

With changes going on in the states with their networks, you might still be able to connect to AT&T. T-Mobile shouldn't be a problem yet. If T-Mobile isn't working you could try AT&T and see if it works.

In both cases you should be able to to do text and data. It's the talk part that is a potential problem

@Chris111 wrote:

Iwascharged for roaming and data, I did not ask for data. It shows on my plan.

Maybe you picked the wrong one?

So, you only want voice?  AT&T has already turning off 3G in some of the area and voice requires 3G for PM.

Instead of AT&T , try to manually select T-Mobile, it should work better

Also, try to connect in different area and you should have better luck

Also, for the time being, in case you need it before issue is resolved, download VoIP app like TextNow.  It gives you a new phone number and use on the app.  People can call you like a regular phone and you just answer calls on the App

Chris111

Iwascharged for roaming and data, I did not ask for data. It shows on my plan. I tried to go to att and T-Mobile it does not connect says selected network not available. I am in Denver suburbs and there is service.  Whip trying to connect it did send me 4 or 5 older us texts and nothing since.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Usually the snag is people not completing the second step. If that is the case, do that and reach out to a CSA to put the second charge back into your available balance for a future renewal or add on purchase (if not already there) if roaming Add on doesn't function at all the CSA could prob put both charges back into your available balance 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Chris111   check your My Account, do you see any Fund sitting in Available Fund?

A reminder, buying add-ons is a 2 steps process:  1. Load fund    2. go back and buy

Many people loaded the fund and no aware they need to go back and buy.  Did you miss that?

Check your My Account's Plan details page to see if the roaming add in there.  Check Transaction log to see other than a line showing you load the money, are there other lines showing you use the money to buy the roaming addons

if you see the add-on was indeed purchase, try to manually connect to T-Mobile and At&T.  DO NOT leave the network selection to Automatic.  Please manually select them and see which one work

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you look in your payment history for mention of roaming? Or what is your balance now? Can you manually connect to T-Mobile? Perhaps you're manually on Public. If you switch to automatic maybe. But just make it T-Mobile.

Adding - did you get the welcome to US text?

Need Help? Let's chat.