cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us roaming sms not working

Mypubic
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the new us can plan and in the us I am not receiving or able to send sms txt messages. I have e checked apn settings and have rebooted. I'm connected to T-Mobile but think it's an issue between the networks between  pm and tmo. I have a android phone

15 REPLIES 15

My SMSC is +16475800172.

T-Mobile is 310260. So either their 4G or 5G. I would try for 4G. Adding - and set your networks to 4G.

Yes I know the data goes through the apn, which is why I'd like to see yours.

I'm doubtful the lack of volte is blocking AT&T. Maybe you're not in a good coverage area.

Mypubic

I tried every available networks in the list. I can receive mms not send. Smsc is set to the default 16478200172. 

When your roaming tmo still verifies with your home carrier how else would it know if your roaming and have add ons. I suspect there's a setting like volte enabled being passed and is blocked by tmo because it's not on. I was not able to get on att due to voice so that checks with the volte setting

While roaming, mms requires roaming data add-on and data roaming toggled on and mobile data toggles on.

If you don't have volte enabled on the phone then talk won't work with AT&T. Pretty sure text and data should work. Maybe try using 4G LTE.

As for T-Mobile, it should work on LTE for text and data. Can you drop the phone down to 2G and try talk? Text should work there too. Data, not so much.

I wouldn't be surprised that if the phone is not enabled here that it ought not to work there. I've read that being mentioned here but I have been skeptical about it all along.

Your earlier image, try the 310260 4G.

Can you provide images of your apn settings.

In the dialer dial *#*#4636#*#* (see if it works) and scroll all the way down and tap refresh and see what number comes up for SMSC.

Mypubic

After emailing with cs we've come to the conclusion that if your device is not volte supported on pm you'll be blocked from sending mms when roaming. You can receive mms can't send or respond.

Mypubic

Att I get connection failed likely due to voice dropping down to 3g.

Mypubic

My device Blu f91 5g is supported on T-Mobile for volte pm are advising the issue maybe it's not enabled for them. So it appears when you roam your device is still routed through pm for some things like device certified. I am receiving text but cannot send from 5g,4g lte or 2g

Try setting the phone to 4G LTE instead of 5G. You should also be able to use AT&T for text and data but talk would need to have volte enabled. T-Mobile should work for all if you don't have volte and the phone can switch down to 2G GSM. It would work for volte too.

@Mypubic wrote:

I am not getting any text but am getting those from public to login to 2fa. None from users or emailing to phone@mms.mb.telus.com

@Mypubic 

those from phone@mms.mb.telus.com could be a completely different issue.  Since you are getting the login 2FA from PM, you are in fact getting SMS without problem

can you ask your friend to test regular sms and see if you are getting it?

you can also test it out yourself.  Download VoIP app TextNow, setup by picking a Canadian or US phone number, then use TextNow to text to your own phone number and see if it works

If you still want to text email to sms, please try all these different domain

SMS Domain:
     @msg.telusmobility.com
 @msg.telus.com
@msg.koodomobile.com

MMS Domain:
@mms.mb.telus.com
@mms.koodomobile.com
@mms.telusmobility.com

Mypubic

Rcs was in setup mode. I was able to get this connected by going to Carrier services  cleared cache, - disable and enabled. 

I did try to disable rcs as well still no sms. And yes sms is enabled

I am not getting any text but am getting those from public to login to 2fa. None from users or emailing to phone@mms.mb.telus.com

 310260 5g connects.

available networks below only tmo connects all others report unable to connect

Screenshot_20230822-190902.png

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is the texting app set to RCS chat? Is data roaming on? Is mobile data on? If RCS is on then turn it off and see if standard sms works.

HI @Mypubic 

no text at all ? or just some text not coming?  Text usually is the easiest one to work.  

try to change the network from Automatic to LTE or 2G , check if text comes.  But you probably want to change it back after

@Mypubic !try your network on 4G/LTE see if that helps 

Mypubic

Data and voice work fine just an issue with sms

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Mypubic  And do you have data roaming turned on on your phone . And try if different areas 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Mypubic 

can you use the data and voice call? usually if you can use either data or voice, sms will come

you can try to reboot the phone, then click Reset all networks 

You can also try to connect to AT&T network and check if it works

Need Help? Let's chat.