cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us roaming option

rlaseur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have unlimited text already with my plan. I’m going to US and wonder if all I need is data plan if I’m not making phone calls.

4 REPLIES 4

rlaseur
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can use WhatsApp too. I think data is all I need.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rlaseur : ....or get a voip app like TextNow and use some of that roaming data. Or better, use wifi that seems to be everywhere these days. The apps can do both talk and text. So you receive the text as normal. Then reply using the app.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rlaseur 

US Roaming for 10 day packages

Unlimited U.S. Talk, Text and 250MB Data Bundle = $20

Unlimited U.S. Talk and Text Bundle = $15

Unlimited U.S. Talk Only = $8

Unlimited U.S. Text Only = $8

U.S. Data Only for 10 day packages

250MB = $10

500MB = $15

1GB = $20

and Purchase when you visit to USA not now,

sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,

How To Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
  5. after you Add-on you have to do Rebooting your phone

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Overview Of Add-Ons visit Here link.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can receive texts in the US but to send them then you'll need roaming add-on.  To make calls and use data will also require a roaming add-on.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/us-roaming

Need Help? Let's chat.