cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to $40/60 GB Plan and Compatibility with 5G

ComicCuriosity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi everyone,

I'm considering upgrading to the $40/60GB plan with 5G. Currently, I'm on the $25 plan, which I've been on for 4 years.

My phone is a Samsung A31, and it supports only 4G. Will my phone still work with the 5G plan?

The $39/50GB 4G plan is plenty for me, but since it's only $1 more for an additional 10GB of data, the $40 plan seems like a better deal.

Lastly, will I retain my reward credits? Currently, I receive $10 in monthly credits and I don't want to switch to the points.

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14

Patrick_PM

I just switched over to the $40 "Boxing Week" offer but it doesn't take effect until next renewal.

Like you, I am currently on their $25 plan but that only provides 1 GB at 3G. It was adequate since I had all those free data perks from the annual "More the Merrier" promotions.

My new phone seems to consume more data so now need to upgrade for more data and faster speed.

Your Samsung A31 will work fine on the 5G plan - it'll just connect to the highest speed your phone can support.

I prefer to stick with my Rewards too. I get $9 off each month.

ComicCuriosity

Yes, it's available to current subscribers. Public is offering a $29/30Gb plan which I wanted but it's only available to new accounts. 

BeeBeeb

Thanks, we've tried both the app and incognito on chrome but no changes. We have reached out to customer service. Thank you so much for your advice with this.

HI @BeeBeeb 

can you try to access via PM app? download the app from Google or Apple app store

or use Incognito/Privae/secret mode on the browser

BeeBeeb

Screenshot 2024-01-09 at 3.42.24 PM.pngFor some reason, these are the only options available to us once we sign in to her account.

BeeBeeb

Thank you, we are not seeing any of those but we will try connecting with an agent.

I'm not sure if that's who she was talking to before who told her the plans were only for new activations, but we will try again!

HI @BeeBeeb 

I have all these

hTideGnow_0-1704827809354.png

but if you really don't see them, ask agent and they can help

better to use Change on Renewal instead of Change Now option

HI @BeeBeeb 

try again with Incognito/Private/secret mode

if still not there, ask CS agent to help

please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

BeeBeeb

Unfortunately my sister and I just signed in to her account to look again, and it is only showing us two available plans - 25/1gb and a $15 plan. Both are worse options than her current plan, lol. 

@BeeBeeb  Yes both plans are readily available in your account change plans page 

BeeBeeb

Is this plan available to current subscribers? I told my friends and family about it but no one seems to be able to see this (or any of the new plans) in their account to switch to. My sister said PM told her it was for new subscribers only.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@ComicCuriosity 

Yes, the 5G plan with work on your 4G phone. The signal frequency will go to the highest frequency your phone is capable on. The good thing if you get a new 5G phone. Just pop the SIM into your new phone and it will be in 5G.

Your Rewards will stay until you voluntarily switch over to the Points Reward…so DON’T switch.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ComicCuriosity  Yes your wise to go with the 60GB for $40 faster stepped unlimited data and your phone set to 4G /LTE will can still  better speeds of 100mbs of a4G plan . And you will get to keep your rewards I can confirm . Just be sure to make plan change for next renewal and not immediately or you lose money on your current cycle 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ComicCuriosity 

yes, your phone will work with the 5G plan.  The 5G plan just means 5G Speed plan.  You getting better speed with the 5G plan whether you use 4G or 5G network.  So, you will be getting very good speed (upto 250Mbps) on the 5G speed plan even you are using 4G network

Need Help? Let's chat.