cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading plan/loyalty?

Ben_Kayfetz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I might switch from the $39/20gb/4g plan to the black Friday $34/40gb/5g plan. (Seems like a no-brainer)

But I've got $7/m in loyalty. Will this plan switch also switch me to the newer loyalty plan, which doesn't seem to be as good? Or will I retain my my original loyalty plan?

In the past when switching plans I've always retained the loyalty, but in the screenshot below I circled the part that concerns me.

TIA!

Ben

20231125_090135.jpg

Screenshot_20231125-082839_Chrome.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Andy85
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Ben_Kayfetz Your points are associated with your account rather than the plan you choose. If you are prompted to switch your legacy rewards to the new points system, select no. This will allow you to keep your present $7 discount.

The points details in the ad seem to be targeting towards new users who wouldn't have previously been on the on rewards system. For you, it's a double win. You get the awesome Black Friday deals and you keep your loyalty points 🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ben_Kayfetz @Yes you will keep your old rewards I can confirm 

Handy1_0-1700922983936.png

JoeCanadian
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just switched to the Black Friday plan.  When I go to the Payments section of my account website, I still see the legacy rewards program.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ben_Kayfetz 

You can freely change plan and it wont' affect your current rewards, also confirmed by Community Manager here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/FAQ-amp-Troubleshooting/td-p/986594

Will I be moved to the new rewards program if I change my plan?
Changing your plan won’t automatically transfer you to our new Public Points rewards program. If you’re currently on our legacy rewards program, you will continue to stay on it. However, we encourage you to explore Public Points, as it opens up even more opportunities for savings.

Need Help? Let's chat.