MacNeilkaren
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

upgrading my iPhone se to a 7 can I use my currant SIM card 

5 REPLIES 5

Webb
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi softech

Webb here.

I just upgraded my phone. My existing sim is in this new phone but nothing is happening. Any suggestions?

DW

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MacNeilkaren wrote:

upgrading my iPhone se to a 7 can I use my currant SIM card 

@MacNeilkaren 

Your SIM card is attached to your account and phone number. So all good to remove from old and insert into now new.

When you insert your SIM into your 7, I would suggest performing a RESET of the Network Settings.

Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Also, fyi - 

Set up your phone number On your iPhone:

1. Go to Settings > Messages and make sure that iMessage is on. You might need to wait a moment for it to activate.
  2. Tap Send & Receive. If you see “Use your Apple ID for iMessage,” tap it and sign in with the same Apple ID that you use on your Mac, iPad, and iPod touch.
  3. In the "You can receive iMessages" section, make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected.
  4. Go to Settings > FaceTime and make sure that your phone number and Apple ID are selected in the "You can be reached by FaceTime at" section.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MacNeilkaren 

for iphone se and 7 is same size SIM card Nano-SIM card,

just you need backup all contacts 

• On the Home screen, tap Settings.
  • Tap your Apple ID at the top of the list.
  • If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID.
  • Tap iCloud.
  • Tap Contacts to switch the slider ON.
  • If prompted, select to Merge contacts with iCloud.
  • Tap the iCloud Backup app at the bottom of the list.

to when you put it open iphone 7 all your contacts is will there by Apple id.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Yes as long as the sim size is the same then just remove it from your current phone over to your new one.  Most new phone use a Nano size sim.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MacNeilkaren   yes you may  .  They both use the same size of the SIM .. nano SIM.

Just move your SIM form the iPhone SE to iPhone 7 and enjoy your new phone

Need Help? Let's chat.