cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to new plan -- still showing no data available

wprager
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Quick summary: my daughters can't get internet access in their student apartment until the 11th so I suggested they upgrade their plan to get some extra data in the interim.  They both chose "immediate" to upgrade their plan and while one of them has her upgraded mobile data the other is still showing 0 data available.  Last night I told her maybe it will show up after midnight, perhaps, but no luck.  They did the change roughly at the same time (maybe a half hour later for the second one).  Both accounts are set up for automatic debiting.  Any ideas what the problem could be?

11 REPLIES 11

I wonder if maybe you put on parental controls. Just wondering if that would affect that. Fishing around for ideas.

wprager

I was under impression that mobile data monitoring (where you enter your monthly max, your rollover date and current usage)  was something built into Android but from what I've been reading you can either install an app from Play Store or use the one installed by the manufacturer or service provider.  In my particular case (Xiaomi phone) I distinctly remember setting it up a number of times (several Xiaomi phones) but could not find it on my current (Poco F2 Pro).  Googling around I read that it had been removed in MIUI 12.x.  
I think what is happening is that on my daughter's phone she's not able to clear/reconfigure the data monitoring settings so it keeps popping up the warning that she's at 100% of her 1Gb allowance.  Her Public account page, however, says that she has 3Gb and I told her to ignore the pop-up and just use her data.

@wprager 

use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

or from browser mobile Chrome 

go view in desktop mode.

1. Tap on the menu options.
  2. Select the checkbox against the Desktop site.
  3. and clear cache and cookies and use one page incognito.

here link for photo  View Desktop Site.  check it out how to do it.

and Login Page

you will get verification code by email or SMS
and inserting the 6 digit number and not press anything
just wait a 5 second automatically be login,,

in device if like to clear data usage 

How to Clear Data Usage on Android

\\//

How restart Data Usage

and rebooting device.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

Oops.jpeg

I think any Android phone would have the data tracker and limiter. My Samsung running Android 12 is under Settings, Connections, Data usage, turn on data, Billing cycle and data warning. Remember this place is 30 days, not monthly.

@wprager wrote:

I think you misunderstood me.  On the website her plan is shown as the new one.  Calling *611 tells here the next payment will be processed Sep. 27 (30 days from yesterday when she changed the plan).  The issue is on her phone -- it tells her that she only has 1GB

Don't trust phone's data tracking. Even it it has that option most likely it is set up to truck month by month and not by 30 days. Changing that every day could be a pain...

Always check on your account; refresh page few times, do hard refresh as you might read cached page. Kind of pain in the neck but no other way.

wprager

I think you misunderstood me.  On the website her plan is shown as the new one.  Calling *611 tells here the next payment will be processed Sep. 27 (30 days from yesterday when she changed the plan).  The issue is on her phone -- it tells her that she only has 1GB and has used 100% of it.  I used to think that setting up your mobile data usage tracking (monthly total, rollover day) was an Adroid setting but it looks like that's not the case (used ho have it on my Xiaomi phone but could not find it just now -- apparently this was removed in MIUI 12.x so it appears that this was a Xiaomi setting and not built into Android).  Her phone is a Umidigi and I have very little experience with their UI.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Try using different browser. Try Incognito mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try force refresh.

Force-refreshing a page will clear that page's cache, allowing you to see the most recent version of the page as opposed to any information your browser saved in the past: CTRL+F5 or Ctrl+refresh icon (PC).

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

hairbag1_0-1661785741491.jpeg

Ask her to try this.

MrSpock
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wprager hi it could be a cache issue with your account in that case clear your cache ,try another browser in secret or incognito mode reboot your computer and sign back in ,see if that clears up your account 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@wprager 

With this new site, you likely still reading off the cached version, so the info you got was not up to date

Try to login My Account using Incognito mode (or InPrivate for Edge, Private for Safari)  or try again with a  completely different browser like Edge/Firefox/Chrome.  You should then see the latest info from the server

Need Help? Let's chat.