cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 4G just now. Is there a delay for the new speeds to 'kick in'?

cackleberry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I upgraded from a 3G plan to a 4G plan. I just want to know if I should expect a delay before the speeds increase and are reflected on my phone. Still only getting ~3Mbps download. There wasn't a heads up in either direction through the checkout process, and no alert was sent to my phone, so I don't know if 'immediately' means as soon as payment is completed, or tomorrow. Thanks for your time and focus.

6 REPLIES 6

@cackleberry 

Sorry but you can't and shouldn't give yourself a self solution 😉.

You might want to pick another solution.

@cackleberry 

YES, I agree with you. Your right, it should be posted at checkout process.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Yes, speed increase will become evident after few days (up to 48 hours) of switching.

cackleberry
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the replies, I actually found this as well. Would be great if it were somewhere closer to the checkout process!

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/differences-between-3g-and-4g-lte

Q: I just activated on a plan that includes data or changed to a plan with different data speed, when does the change take effect?

A: If you activated on a plan that includes data, it could take up to 48 hours until you experience full 3G or 4G speeds. Similarly, if you change your data speed from 3G to 4G LTE or vice versa, the same delay may occur.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@cackleberry hi it's been noted that it takes up to 48 hours for an increase in speeds after a plan change 

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@cackleberry 

It takes a few days for it to kick in. Reboot your phone too.

Need Help? Let's chat.