cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded my plan from 3G to 5G

Rick21
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there I upgraded my plan from 3G to 5G and for some reason my data isn't working and I top up my funds on my account. I could only use wifi right now. Do I need a new 5G sim card or is my old 3G compatible?

14 REPLIES 14

Rick21

All good thanks it was phone that couldn’t handle the 5G so I’m down to 4G now and everything is good thanks 

fixin
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@BilltyLam - At times usually after changing a plan no APN changes don't need to be made but just to make sure @Rick21  that these APN settings are correct:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Also what phone are you using, PM requires iPhone 8, 8+, and X and newer for MMS capabilities. If on android you can easily change the APN settings by the link above.

BilltyLam

Really, Did I miss something? how you know his cell phone model and no need to change APN? I mean nothing, just curious.🤔

fixin

@BilltyLam - APN change is only needed for MMS on some models, this is Data that he is having issues with. 😉

BilltyLam

Did you check not your phone issue? I know some model is needed manually to change the APN.

There is no 800 to call @Rick21   To reach a customer service agent, please use the chat bot bottom right corner of the page. Did you try doing what I suggested?

Rick21

I did reboot  and network connection very frustrating

fixin

@Rick21 - If you have a random burner (Not being used) phone with a SIM card slot try use that. It will force a SIM provision therefore it may solve the issue.

Do you have Cellular Data on? A data block on Android? Try disabling the data blocker if you have one enabled.

If it decides to still not work though contact CS_Agent:

⬇️ Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for an agent because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your mailbox by clicking this link here: Messages

Rick21

Still not working is there a 1 800 number that public mobile has?

Rick21

I checked every possible thing on this phone not sure why its not working. they say you don't need to switch out the sim card...really frustrating  

Hey @Rick21 

If you just changed over, I would recommend restarting your phone. If that doesn't work, go into your network settings, reset your network settings and reboot. That should fix it. If it doesn't, then while in network settings, choose Public Mobile then reboot. 

BrittanyT

Did you try shutting off your phone for 5 minutes and turning it back on and also shutting your data off before shutting off phone and turn data back on after 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

No, you don't need a new SIM card @Rick21 

Try rebooting your device and resetting network connections first.

Also, do all other services work, calling and texting.

Rick21

My data isn't working I just switch from 3G to 5G new plan I'm on wifi now cause my data wont work. how to resolve this issue thanks.

Need Help? Let's chat.