cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded 3G 5GB plan to 4G 15GB for half a year, but speed is still throttled to 3G speeds!!!

galaxysu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi if you guys know how to resolve this:

I upgraded my 3G 5GB plan to 4G 15 GB plan half a year or so ago, however my speeds are still working at 3G speeds, in fact when I do a speed test, the speeds are throttled to 3G limits just like when I had the 3G plan.  What is the point of switching to this 4G plan if the speeds are still the same?  Can someone from the administration/technical support at Public Mobile please rectify this issue? 

2 REPLIES 2

Tsawwassen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Many have been experiencing no noticeable speed improvement. So I agree that there is absolutely no point in switching from 3G to 4G plans other then taking advantage of the current $40 plan's 15 GB data.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@galaxysu 

Just to be clear, do you have automatic Network selection and do you by any chance have a manual connection to the 3G only in your network settings?

Adding:

If resetting network connections and setting your device to lte/4g does not resolve the issue, let the customer support agents know.

While you're at it, you should also ask for maybe a few gigabytes of free data or at least a $20 credit on your account which they might be able to accommodate if you were only getting 3G speeds.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Need Help? Let's chat.