cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade plan

Thaben
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can I upgrade my plan right away? The only option I see when trying to upgrade is to wait until the next cycle (payment) for my new plan to kick in.

7 REPLIES 7

Thaben
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I really appreciate your help, I didn't top up my account before I was trying to do the upgrade and the 'change plan now' option was not there. Thanks to you, I have figured it out now.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Screenshot_20200411-153752~2.png

To renew early (switch to the same plan doesn't work) you can contact moderators. To switch to any other plan you can do it manually, but as others pointed out you will not be reimbursed for unused portion.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Thaben wrote:

Can I upgrade my plan right away? The only option I see when trying to upgrade is to wait until the next cycle (payment) for my new plan to kick in.

Yes, you can upgrade your plan immediately.  Please note that there is no refund of the unused days of your current cycle if your change your plan immediately.

If you decided to upgrade you plan at your next renewal date, you can buy $15/1GB data addon and/or $5/500 minutes addon get you through the remaining days of your current cycle  Addon minutes and data do not have expiry date.  Any unused minutes or data will be rolled over to the next cycle until all are consumed.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You can change your plan immediately but then you would lose any unused minutes/texts or data.  It recommended to change on next renewal date.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Yes you can @Thaben . Use this article on how to do it https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/change-your-plan

Stay safe 

If it's because of data, I would consider this $50 hybrid plan. You can also call the US from within Canada for free.

Screenshot_20200323-100237.jpg

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

You can upgrade right away, but you will not receive any money back for your old plan.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@ThabenHi iF you upgrade your plan right away you will lose what you have left in this cycle Since this is a prepaid plan

Need Help? Let's chat.