cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade plan now and downgrade later

Mondocanuck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I upgrade my plan to 5G now (because I need more data just for a couple months), can I later downgrade back to 4G when I no longer need the extra data?

4 REPLIES 4

Mondocanuck
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, I understand 4g and 5g have nothing to do with the amount of data I get, however 100GB is not offered with a 4g plan. In a perfect world, I'd be offered 4G with 50GB of data (unlimited data, at slower speed, after 50GB is consumed). I have no need for US data.

Rastin
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes you can but plans change from time to time so the plan you have may not be there when you come back.

Also 4g and 5g have nothing to do with the amount of data you get it's the speed of the data as 4g Max's out around 150mb per second 5g around 250mb

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

@Mondocanuck you are free to upgrade or downgrade as you like.  The issue is that the plan you want to go back to must still be available to choose.

Plans are added and removed like weekly. What you see today, could be gone tomorrow. 

Also, no pro-rated on plans. Have to Change on Renewal to use entire month's fee or you will be charged immediately for new plan still.

Hollister
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mondocanuck 

You are free to change to any plans available in your self service account. Note that there are no guarantees what plans will be available in the future when you try to change back.

Need Help? Let's chat.