cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Credit Card

gentlepine
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My credit card is expiring and I need to update to my new card. Unfortunately the link in the self serve account is not working and I cannot click on anything related to my payments. Is there a workaround?

17 REPLIES 17

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dwchoi wrote:

How to I update the credit with new expire date

1.  Login to self-serve

2.  Select Payment tab

3.  Click Manage my card link at the bottom of Payment page.

4.  Use replace this credit card link to update your cc.

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statement.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

dwchoi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to I update the credit with new expire date

gentlepine

Hi all,

Thought I would update to say that even submitting a ticket did not result in any help - no one answered it. HOWEVER, I did do as one person suggested and wait a few days (luckily my card expired after my payment was due).

The links are working today and I was able to update my card. 

Thanks to everyone who wrote with suggestions.

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@gentlepine, I wish there was a work-around besides asking SIMon or the moderators. I thought to call 611 and then hit #1 for payment with a credit card would work. But, I tried, and it's a payment with a pre-registered credit card. 

Sorry, am not much help! 

@januszw56 , do as @CannonFodder suggests and clear your browser history, go to incognito/private mode And follow @ddeep91 screen shots and suggestions above.

@januszw56 wrote:

Having the same issue. My card expired last month. I need to update it in order to be able to pay.

januszw56

Having the same issue. My card expired last month. I need to update it in order to be able to pay.

@ddeep91 wrote:

@gentlepine wrote:

My credit card is expiring and I need to update to my new card. Unfortunately the link in the self serve account is not working and I cannot click on anything related to my payments. Is there a workaround?

Clear your catch/history or try using incognito mode for browser. Try logging in from phone or a different computer.

Am only pointing this out because I've seen you type in the same thing several times now..... the word you want is "cache"..... just figured that if you're going to be giving advice to someone, you should probably not have the occasional newb looking for some setting that doesn't exist..... for that matter, you could just tell them to "clear your browser's history". 👍 

Sajeesh

1)Try to use different Browser

2) Try to sign in from different device eg : laptop, iPad

3) Make sure credit card details you entered is correct.

@gentlepine wrote:

I tried 3 different browsers plus incognito and it was the same problem with the link each time. My regular browser is chrome.

I guess my next step will be to create a ticket with simon.

@gentlepine Website is finicky more than likely will start working again just keep checking. I've had similar problems in the past and with a little time and patience everything gets resolved with the selfserve site and links/tabs start working again.

gentlepine

No luck with that, thanks all.

Will submit a ticket!

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gentlepine wrote:

I tried 3 different browsers plus incognito and it was the same problem with the link each time. My regular browser is chrome.

@gentlepine 

are you able to try it from a different device? 

(computer, iPad, tablet, phone) and see if you are able to access it?

If no luck then submitting the ticket would be the only option for you.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Advice: withdraw some money into your account to make sure it's working, you don't want to be surprised on the renewal day

gentlepine

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

FYI

Make sure the credit card address matches what is on your statment.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

Sarlye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had the same issues when I updated a few weeks ago. I add another credit card, which could be the same one and then go back and delete the old one. 

Please do it way before your account renew, in case it doesn't work, send a ticket to Simon and  it will create a ticket for a moderator to help you.

ddeep91
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@gentlepine wrote:

Clear your catch/history or try using incognito mode for browser. Try logging in from phone or a different computer.

Follow these steps to update your card.

1) Login to Selfserve, click Payment tab.

2) Below "One Time Payment" and "Manage Auto Pay" options there is a very small link

"Manage my card - Update or remove my Credit or Visa debit card"

3) two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"

Use "Replaced this credit card" to update the CC info

Here is a screenshot of where to find it.

Capture.PNG

Hope this helps

Cheers

gail709
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Try going into your account using a different browse.

Need Help? Let's chat.