cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Credit Card Error

YuThoo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm reposting this again in hopes that this time it will show up in the forums - I don't understand why my thread was never displayed the first time. Did a moderator delete it?

Spoiler

Hello,

I have been trying to replace my current credit card with a new one.

I consistently get an error stating:

"Unable to Process Transaction
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information."

I know this card works as I have registered for automatic payment plans with this card on my recurring internet bill and food delivery service. I have already purchased other items as well which have already been billed to this card, so I know it works.

I have already contacted my credit card issuer. They told me that they can see the attempts to add the card, and see that the information was added correctly, but they don't understand what's wrong on their end either. They offered to conduct an investigation into the account, which would take several days - several weeks, and suggested I contact you guys and try to sort things out on this end before resorting to an investigation.

I have followed the guidelines found on several threads on these forums who have reported similar issues, including this one: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Credit-Card-Not-Verified/m-p/...

This includes ensuring my details are added exactly as on my statement, including address, and the postal code workaround, along with the cache clearing and private/incognito attempts on three different browsers (chrome, FF, edge).

From what I can understand, my last resort would be to contact a moderator to resolve this issue. Could someone tell me how to go about this?

Or if there are other things I could try to fix this issue, I would very much appreciate the help.

Thank you,

6 REPLIES 6

HookedOnPublic

Thank you so much for your help. I was having troubles and I found this post and it worked! Thank you kindly!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@YuThoo  If you edit your post multiple times within in a short period of time the post is marked as spam and sometimes gets deleted. Maybe that is what happened in your case.

When you try to update a credit card multiple times a security lock gets triggered on your account and needs to be reset by a Moderator before you can try again.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Looks like you've tried everything... Best to submit a ticket first and keep trying the "browser tricks" while you wait for a response from the mods.

You can also try accessing SelfServe on data rather than home internet/wifi or vice versa. Then go through the incognito, clear cache steps again and see if that works. Good luck

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@YuThoo  try entering your credit card one more time. When entering your credit card information:
1. Enter the credit card address exactly as it appears on your statement ( capitalize all if necessary ).
2. Leave the apartment field blank, if applicable enter your apt in the street address field ie xxx - street address.
3. Enter your postal code without spaces ( if there is a space on the credit card statement then enter the first 5 digits only with the space).

If this fails, as you mentioned. The last resort is to contact the moderators and ask them to add it for you.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@YuThoo wrote:

I'm reposting this again in hopes that this time it will show up in the forums - I don't understand why my thread was never displayed the first time. Did a moderator delete it?

Spoiler

Hello,

Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information."

I know this card works as I have registered for automatic payment plans with this card on my recurring internet bill and food delivery service. I have already purchased other items as well which have already been billed to this card, so I know it works.

I have already contacted my credit card issuer. They told me that they can see the attempts to add the card, and see that the information was added correctly, but they don't understand what's wrong on their end either. They offered to conduct an investigation into the account, which would take several days - several weeks, and suggested I contact you guys and try to sort things out on this end before resorting to an investigation.

I have followed the guidelines found on several threads on these forums who have reported similar issues, including this one: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Paying-for-your-service/Credit-Card-Not-Verified/m-p/...

This includes ensuring my details are added exactly as on my statement, including address, and the postal code workaround, along with the cache clearing and private/incognito attempts on three different browsers (chrome, FF, edge).

From what I can understand, my last resort would be to contact a moderator to resolve this issue. Could someone tell me how to go about this?

Or if there are other things I could try to fix this issue, I would very much appreciate the help.

Thank you,

To obtain a ticket, click on https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/ and enter your question in SIMon. Follow / invent the prompts until you reach the Contact Us button, click on it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. To confirm that your ticket has been submitted, check the SEND box in your private messages; click on the small envelope next to your avatar at the top right of your screen.

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators, but this alternative contact method may have a longer response time. Click: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

YuThoo

Hello,

Thank you,

Need Help? Let's chat.