cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update credit card info no account acess

momogogo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to update my payment credit card because recently changed it to new card, the old card can’t be used anymore, I can’t access my online account and I can’t change it. But I really need to pay my fees with my new credit card info. Please help me update my credit card info. Thanks much appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@John_G1 

I was told that agents can no longer add a payment card to an account.....that this ability had changed when eversafe was introduced. I was skeptical the time but the response you recieved seems to have confirmed that. Perhaps this change is a security requirement from pm's payment card processor?

I will contact my referral and see if there is an update from pm on their issue and report back.

John_G1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thanks very much. We did get a payment voucher at Shoppers Drug Mart and entered it via 611 and her phone service was restored. 

That did not seem to interfere with her plan, which is for pre-authorized payment - which of course gives us advantages in the service available.  So we have till late this month to figure out how to get her payment info updated.

I tried to log in through the PM app - same result as before, i.e. on the first log-in, she is told that she has too many attempts and the account is locked.

There is an agent on the matter, though he has not been able to suggest a fix for the lock-out. And despite payment, the lock-out  continues. I just re-tried, more than 8 hours after making the payment via voucher, and using an incognito browswer ... no different.

And the agent would not let me give my wife's credit card number. I would think the risk of a scammer giving a valid credit card number for someone else'e account is pretty low. I will ask if they will take my card (since it all comes out of the same bank account in due course), but I got the impression that they just won't accept card changes via agent at all. (I can't see any reason - but maybe the boffins at PM can - why two accounts for two phones should not use the same credit card. That would be normal for phones for members and their kids, surely.)

The saga continues - and if it ends, I will report here how and why, in case it helps someone else later.

Meanwhile, yes, please, if you come up with a solution and can associate a ticket number with it, that would probably be useful.

John_G1

the designated region was not the problem, as it turned out. They had that right. I appreciate the suggestion, though!  One never knows...  

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@John_G1 

Oh dear that message is not good news I'm afraid. For the time being you will need to top up your wife's account using instant top up or RTP (real time payments) or pm payment vouchers via 611 on your wife's phone or by calling 1 855 4PUBLIC and entering her 10 digit phone #.

The following links detail tried and tested alternative methods of payment and retailers offering vouchers and top up payments as well as online retailers. (Online retailer Muskbird.com also offers instant top ups along with vouchers as tested by @LitlLdy )

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Can-t-Make-a-Payment-or-Update-Your-Card-...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Online-Top-Up-Payments-Muskbird-com/m-p/9...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165?search-actio...

The bad news is I've been helping a referral with the same issue as your wife that still has not been fixed after more than two months. If they get it resolved I will send you their ticket reference # to share with your customer support agent but until then you will need to have an agent submit a ticket to the "Ai" team to scratch their heads with while brainstorming a fix? 🤔😔😠

@John_G1 did you try  the region change ?

if nothing works, PM supports are your friends

John_G1

trying to log in from the PM website, with an incognito browser, but every time - hours later - it says 'too many attempts' on the first attempt. She has an Eversafe ID - we've been on PM for 6 years or more.

Erin48-88
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you KennethJAdams, for some reason the desktop computer application didn't allow me to update my payment method but the app did! Problem solved! Thank you!

Just wondering about the log-in difficulty, has she ever set up an Eversafe ID, and are the log-in attempts from a previously bookmarked page on a browser or by going to PM website (or the app) and selecting sign in?

John_G1

incognito did not work, but interesting idea to check the region.  PM loves to default to BC. 

611 said to buy credit at a mobile shop e.g. Loblaws (but not our local one) or Shoppers Drug Mart (our local one has them...) and put some money into the account that way. That may not help the log-in, but it will allow her to use her phone...

@John_G1 

this is not the correct error message, but then"roaming error" actually means the account is currently suspended

Form login, wait an hour first. Then login using Incognito mode . And before login, check the region showing on the login screen has the correct province. It is a weird glitch but one community member mentioned this was the reason behind the login trouble 

John_G1

another weird thing about this: when I try to call my wife's phone, to see if it can get an incoming call, I  get a message that the call cannot be completed beause my plan does not include a US roaming feature. This is for a call from my  (416) phone to her (416) phone.

John_G1

The problem with all this good info is that it requires you to be able to log into Public Mobile. My wife is currently unable to do that.  The first time she tries to log in, the system says 'too many log-in attempts. You are locked out for a hour'.  This has happened twice today (with a long break in between attempts.)

So her phone is not working because her credit card info has changed, but she can't log in to update it.

I have written to an agent, but I suspect they are going to tell me they can't help me because it's not my account. (I wonder how many scammers try to put a valid credit card number on a stranger's account.... I can't think of a benefit to a scammer in doing that. But the agents are not necessarily imaginative. They tend to play by a pretty narrow book.)

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @momogogo 

This is how you can change it via the app.

How to change credit card on phone app

Download the app from the app store if you already haven’t.

Sign into your app.

When your app opens you’ll be in the My Account tab. You will see a plus button at the bottom left above the My Account tab. Click on it.

KennethJAdams_0-1696099719032.png

Once you’ve clicked on it, go to Payments

KennethJAdams_1-1696099719049.png

The next screen you’ll want to click on Manage Subscription.

KennethJAdams_2-1696099719030.png

The next screen will give you the option to change your credit card information when you click on Manage Payment Method.

KennethJAdams_3-1696099719045.png

There you will be able to enter a new credit card and expiry date. Click on Save and you're good to go.

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

From your computer log in to "My Account", select "payments" on the left,  select "add funds with credit card" and click on the edit button next to the card that you have registered at the moment.

Using the PM Mobile app just click on the plus sign and go to payments. Same steps.

If you are not able to log in with both of these methods you're going to have to message a CS Agent.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@momogogo , the only way to update the credit card is by accessing your online account.  What is affecting your ability to access the account.  Perhaps the community can help.  If you prefer to reach out to support, use the link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.