cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Iphone IOS, can not make or receive calls.

chips994
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Phone worked fine on Friday, updated IOS last night, can not make or receive calls. Making call, phone says I need long distance add on - I have Canada wide service. I have rebooted the phone, checked "do not Disturb"

13 REPLIES 13

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@chips994 wrote:

Phone worked fine on Friday, updated IOS last night, can not make or receive calls. Making call, phone says I need long distance add on - I have Canada wide service. I have rebooted the phone, checked "do not Disturb"

I don't think an iOS update will cause your phone to stop working. Was you plan up for renewal today? As @Luddite  suggested did you make sure your account is active via selfserve?

@chips994 wrote:

Don't know how to roll bck the update, & turning airpalne mode on & off did not work. I have also turned phone on & off & removed the SIM card & returned it

SIM card & returned it.....could the sim card damaged??

@chips994 

Login to your self serve account and confirm Status is "active".

What message appears on the phone when your reboot with the SIM installed?

Go to Settings >> General >> About: if a carrier update is offered install it.

Go to Settings VPN: if ON turn OFF. 

It's going to take a lot of troubleshooting unless you can try your SIM in a different phone to confirm whether it's a phone or PM issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

chips994

@Luddite wrote:

@chips994 Couple of suggestions:

a) tell us your model

b) as long as you have Canada wide you can ignore the message provided the call connects anyway

c) try your SIM in a different unlocked phone, and a different working SIM in yours

SIM from other Public Mobile phone works

Mine doesn't work in either phone

d) try setting your network to 3G instead of LTE

e) reset your network settings; will require reinstalling wifi passwords

f) what is your plan? If $10 or $15 do you have minutes/texts remaining?

chips994

@Luddite wrote:

a) tell us your model

Iphnoe 7

b) as long as you have Canada wide you can ignore the message provided the call connects anyway

c) try your SIM in a different unlocked phone, and a different working SIM in yours

d) try setting your netowrk to 3G instead of LTE

$25 with time, calls, data, texts still covered

chips994

Didn't work - Reported lost, waited 15 min. reported found still doesn't work

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

a) tell us your model

d) try setting your network to 3G instead of LTE

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@chips994 wrote:

You can write a message to the moderator for help here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and give them details of your problem. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days. They will help you.

Tony8
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi, i found this site, it sounds like your problem, after an IOS update.

Try "Reset Network Settings"

https://www.tenorshare.com/ios-10/how-to-fix-iphone-will-not-make-or-receive-calls-after-updating-to...

chips994

Don't know how to roll bck the update, & turning airpalne mode on & off did not work. I have also turned phone on & off & removed the SIM card & returned it

ZfromVanC
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

hmm another trick you could try is the lost/stolen phone trick to re-provision your plan features.

1. Login to your self-serve account.
2. Report your phone lost/stolen using 'Plan and Add-Ons' --> 'Lost/Stolen Phone'
3. Log off
4. Wait 5 minutes and login again
5. Report your phone found.
6. Re-start you phone to enable all features of your plan again.

This will not blacklist your phone. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire

@chips994Have you tried rolling back the update? Does the phone still show you are connected to the Public Mobile network?

You can try turning on airplane mode, wait 30 seconds, turn it off, then restart the phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.