cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unregistered Sim

Kirkd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey all, I asked earlier but how is it that 3 public Mobile Sim cards work in 2 of my other phones but not on my galaxy s23fe. I tested a Fido Sim card and that worked.....

I've tried everything and just finished a factory reset with no luck afterwards. I've called Telus but no luck(I was hoping), so what am I supposed to do? Is there an actual issue with s23fe and public Mobile? It's odd that it worked fine for 3 weeks and suddenly today I get unregistered Sim and can't connect to Telus network. Please help 🤞thanks everyone. 

13 REPLIES 13

Kirkd

Well my friends, I think we may have drained out all the possibilities... I will just have to keep trying to work this out with the seller. Thanks everyone for your help. I appreciate it. Thanks again! 

Kirkd

I have been most of the day. She was even trying stuff and making calls. She says it's always worked for her after she bought it from the first owner. 

hi @Kirkd 

but remember one thing, not all carrier update the blacklist on the same day and block the use of it backlisted device.  Some take a day longer, some take one or two weeks.  So, you might be able to use your device on some carriers for another week, but eventually would be all blocked.

You really should talk to the seller

Kirkd

I will be going to see someone tomorrow morning with bell. If his test Sim card works, wouldn't that mean phone is unlocked and not blacklisted? That would be a Fido and bell Sim that work, but not Pb. 

@Handy1 wrote:

@Kirkd  It could be that it’s still in contract and the original purchaser of the phone stopped paying for it sometime after selling it and reported it lost /stolen to get the insurance to pay it out . And then the phone becomes black listed which is unfortunately a common scam . Hope this isn’t the case for your sake . But it’s not looking good if your PM SIM card won’t work in the device . Your in a  tuff spot if possible maybe try to contact the guy you got it form and say we have a problem and I want my money back  and he can have the phone if it’s not working . It’s no guarantee they will oblige but worth shot 

...if you can find the guy who sold it to you, that is !

@Kirkd  It could be that it’s still in contract and the original purchaser of the phone stopped paying for it sometime after selling it and reported it lost /stolen to get the insurance to pay it out . And then the phone becomes black listed which is unfortunately a common scam . Hope this isn’t the case for your sake . But it’s not looking good if your PM SIM card won’t work in the device . Your in a  tuff spot if possible maybe try to contact the guy you got it form and say we have a problem and I want my money back  and he can have the phone if it’s not working . It’s no guarantee they will oblige but worth shot 

hi @Kirkd if the IMEI check says it is blacklisted, them it is .  Carrier don't do anything unless the person who reported it originally ask them to take it off

it is not unusual that it works briefly and suddrnly not working.  Sometimes the one who sold the phone first, then got dispute with the carrier after (like cancel the account and not pay the outstanding bill) and carrier blacklisted it

I also seem seller blacklisted it themselves, then report stolen and ask insurance to pay for new phone 

Kirkd

I get Rogers, Telus, bell and Eastlink. And in the imei checker, it does say blacklist by eastlink. I phoned them and they said they couldn't check and nothing they could do.

It worked before, that's the Wierd part. 

@Kirkd  The fact the Fido  SIM card works makes me think it’s carrier locked to the Roger’s network .in that case you would need to try and get Roger’s or Fido to unlock it . 

adding @Kirkd  if you go into the phone settings in the carrier section does it say anything about sim restrictions ?

Kirkd

I am 3rd owner, previous owner used it 6 months and sold to me  and I've used it 3 weeks until this morning.  I had checked everything before buying (blacklist and locked) and it was all good so I bought it.  After testing my 3 Sim cards, I brought it to a mobile booth in town. The reps tried his Fido Sim in my s23 fe and it worked,so we tried my 3 sims and they didn't. So if it was blacklisted, wouldn't his Fido card not have worked? 

@Kirkd  So you bought the phone second hand ? Or is it in contract with Fido Roger’s ? Is it locked to there network possible if Fido SIM card works 

Kirkd

I checked 3 different checkers, even the one from Samsung tech support when I spoke with them this afternoon. 2 say blacklist and Samsung says it's not.  🤦

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kirkd  So none of the SIM cards work in the s23 ? Did you buy this phone new or second hand ? 
if second hand check that status of device 

Check

Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | https:/

Need Help? Let's chat.