cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreasonable sudden jump in data usage registry in the last 2 months

Panda591
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My data usage registries in my phone have suddenly and drastically jumped in the last two months in spite of the fact that I have not changed my data usage patterns. How and why?

4 REPLIES 4

Wade_C
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am finding that the data usage on both the app and the website seems to be over 10x actual amount used ... Is There something wrong with this calculation? Is this a known issue?

The app website says that I have used 6.09 GB but adding up all data entries in the usage breakdown only comes to 526MB for this billing period. I also have another usage app on my phone My Data Manager - and it said I used 631MB - which is much closer to the 500MB value and not 6GB.

I am still a long way from my max (50GB) but it would be nice if this value was accurate. Also I don't want to get cut off if this value hits my max and I am really less than 10% of the stated value.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Panda591   If you have limited data it's best to turn cellular data off (and disable wifi assist if you have an iPhone) except when you actually need to use it.  Make sure the phone isn't on automatic OS and app updates also and definitely don't do speed tests, they use a ton of data if you're on a higher speed plan.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Do you keep data on all the time? Maybe some apps become data hungry - updates, check news, etc.?

I do not see any unreasonable data usage in my case. Only what I use... and expect to see.
Since data bonus arrived I try to us it as much as possible and can see that some apps are REALLY data hungry...

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Panda591 

you checked your phone usage? do you have iPhone or android?  Easier to check the usage before on Android.  

Need Help? Let's chat.