cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Code for Blackberry 10 OS phone

gtcdrms
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a used and wiped Blackberry 10 OS phone that I have inserted my Public Mobile SIM card into (it works fine on another Blackberry 10 OS phone) and I get the following message on the SIN Card settings menu:

Your current SIM card requires one or more Mobile Equipment Personalization codes before the Mobile Network will be available

Who provides this code?  Public Mobile or the previous network carrier that this phone was used on?  Please advise.  Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@gtcdrms wrote:

I have a used and wiped Blackberry 10 OS phone that I have inserted my Public Mobile SIM card into (it works fine on another Blackberry 10 OS phone) and I get the following message on the SIN Card settings menu:

Your current SIM card requires one or more Mobile Equipment Personalization codes before the Mobile Network will be available

Who provides this code?  Public Mobile or the previous network carrier that this phone was used on?  Please advise.  Thanks.

Blackbery calls it MEP when phone is locked. Abtest's guess is right that it's locked.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gtcdrms- if the phone was locked to a previous carrier, you would need to contact THAT carrier to get it unlocked.  PM would not be able to help you with that.

Need Help? Let's chat.