Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anyone else having this problem?

I try to make a phone call and a voice says "You are out of minutes"

But I have unlimited minutes.

So I restart the phone.

Does it again.

Restart the phone.

Finally can make a call.

I'm wondering if anyone else has this? Is it a Public Mobile problem?

Or is this part of the "time to get a new phone" degraded performance cycle loop that  my physical phone goes into as it happens every few months. 

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13

BajaBrenda

Yes of course I followed the steps to authenticate.

The agent is avoiding my questions when they finally reply.

I'm guessing it's a problem with Public Mobile that they don't want to acknowledge, or the CSA is uninformed.

Either way, it's fend for yourself. 

Too bad I've enjoyed using Public Mobile these last few years.

@Yummy wrote:

As I started a topic 'where are my GB'... I did all that and still have only 0.5GB left. I cannot see what is using my 16GB memory beside system and stuff I do recognize.

6GB is used by 'other' and I cannot access that even though I use app to show me all including hidden files.

@Yummy   Yes., it's tough to use 16GB phone these days.  6GB goes to OS is about right.   You might want to go to App in the settings, look though the app and try to clear cache.  If you are lucky, you might get back 1GB.  But once you start using the app again, it will use up most of those space again. 

Or a better workaround: Start shopping for new phones.

@popping wrote:

Phone does funny things when it runs out of storage space.  You can uninstall apps which you are no longer use.  Move your photos to your computer for storage.  Good luck.

HA!

Sometimes nothing of that works!

As I started a topic 'where are my GB'... I did all that and still have only 0.5GB left. I cannot see what is using my 16GB memory beside system and stuff I do recognize.

6GB is used by 'other' and I cannot access that even though I use app to show me all including hidden files.

Sometime I hate these phones ding something on their own with no user's full access to file system.

@BajaBrenda wrote:

Thank you for your message.

I agree I don't think it relates to my phone.

I have already contacted an agent by private message a few times but no reply yet as to the problem. Only replies were about authenticating my account & trying to close the ticket with no answer ahh!

When they ask you to validate your identity, you click on the link and follow the steps?  did you reply the message after you validated?  I usually will reply the message at least once a day for an update, also to avoid them closing the ticket

BajaBrenda

Thank you for your message.

I agree I don't think it relates to my phone.

I have already contacted an agent by private message a few times but no reply yet as to the problem. Only replies were about authenticating my account & trying to close the ticket with no answer ahh!

BajaBrenda

I will try this procedure later. I've changed sim cards many times as I use a Mexican SIM when I'm down there.

Never had this problem before. No phone drops. I don't think the problem is my phone.

I'm still waiting for the agent to reply to my private messages. 

BajaBrenda

Good suggestion!

I'm constantly reviewing my phone internal storage and deleting stuff or moving it to the SD card. There is as much available space as there has been the whole time I've had this phone. So lack of space cannot be the problem as this failure to be able to make phone calls just started in the past week.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BajaBrenda wrote:

I always have a 1 in front of the number when the problem happened.

One of the attempt I took off the 1 and it worked.

Other times that didn't work.

Thanks for your comments!

Phone does funny things when it runs out of storage space.  You can uninstall apps which you are no longer use.  Move your photos to your computer for storage.  Good luck.

BajaBrenda

I always have a 1 in front of the number when the problem happened.

One of the attempt I took off the 1 and it worked.

Other times that didn't work.

Thanks for your comments!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BajaBrenda 

do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

or can you do try reseat the SIM card

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. wipe it clean SIM card,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do again Rebooting your phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@BajaBrenda wrote:

Anyone else having this problem?

I try to make a phone call and a voice says "You are out of minutes"

But I have unlimited minutes.

So I restart the phone.

Does it again.

Restart the phone.

Finally can make a call.

I'm wondering if anyone else has this? Is it a Public Mobile problem?

Or is this part of the "time to get a new phone" degraded performance cycle loop that  my physical phone goes into as it happens every few months. 

Thanks!

@BajaBrenda 

Yes, that has happened to me a few times a few months ago.

A reboot seemed to reset things.

Also, do a Reset of your Network Settings.

This has nothing to do with your phone. I believe it is something on network / account side of things.

I never had to contact the Public Mobile CSA's about it, it seems to diminish and resolve itself on it's own.

But if adding a '1' does not help complete the call and you continue to get this message without calls completing, I would inquire with CSA.

Two methods to reach them here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-a-moderator

What might help is:

- Removing and cleaning SIM's contacts

- Rebooting your phone

- Adding '1' before area code (even if it is local call)

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@BajaBrenda   try to put a 1 in front of the number (like 1-604-123-4567)  

If still not work, try reboot your phone once

Need Help? Let's chat.