cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited long distance in Canada

Huoesp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My PM plan includes unlimited talk within Canada, but when I called New Brunswick (1-603-733-xxxx), I lost service after 10 minutes. When I tried to recall, a message said that I had used up my allowable minutes, so was unable to reconnect with my party. Unlimited should be unlimited, right?

10 REPLIES 10

Cec1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yea sometimes publics seems to limit call time especially around supper time.

Cec1

25$ plan is not limited to 100 minutes. I have the 25$ plan and sometimes I get the message “ charges may apply” just disregard. I do and I never get charged extra.

Cec1

15$ plan is 100 minutes per cycle, you need the 25$ plan 

@Huoesp 

If you still can’t call anywhere it sounds like time to contact the moderators to take a look at your account. I like to just use the envelope upper right corner here on the community to send them a message at Modertor_Team. Then watch the envelope for a reply to verify your account and then they will look at the problem.

AE_Collector

@Huoesp 

Did you recently activate? Maybe you have an account or plan glitch and it needs to be reset.Try as suggested already :

1. Reboot phone. 
  2. Toggle Airplane mode on/off.
  3. Login and check that your account is active and lists all your plan's features.
  4. Are you in the Ottawa/Gatineau region? If so force your phone into 3G only.
  5. Remove your sim for 10 min. and reseat and reboot phone.

If all this fails to fix your issue contact the moderators to look into your account.

Huoesp

Thanks for writing back….I did check my account and it is active and my usage history is well below data limits etc. So, not really sure why I was getting a message about reaching the limit in minutes and not being able to call back.

@Huoesp wrote:

I should have included that I am on the $25 dollar plan. Is it limited to 100 minutes as well?

The $25 plan included unlimited Canada wide calling.  Your call should not have stopped after 10 minutes.  Public Mobile does seem to auto disconnect calls after about 2 hours.  You can call right back.  I suggest taking a look at the self serve account to make sure there is nothing out of place.  Check the usage history.  

@Huoesp 

You are correct.  It should be unlimited within Canada for $25 plan.  Does text and data work?  What about other different phone numbers?  Check your account status to make sure that it is active versus suspended.  

Maybe reboot your phone. 

Huoesp

I should have included that I am on the $25 dollar plan. Is it limited to 100 minutes as well?

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

All calls are Canada Wide.  In other words no long distance charges. BUT if you are on the $15 plan, once you use up your 100 minutes you need to buy the $5 500 minute add on or wait for your next cycle allotment. 

Need Help? Let's chat.