cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited International Text - How?

OntarioQiangGe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How to send text message to China? 
By "Unlimited International Text",  this also covers text message to Canada phone?

11 REPLIES 11

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@OntarioQiangGe wrote:

By "Unlimited International Text",  this also covers text message to Canada phone?

Of course texts to Canadian Numbers are included so your wording here makes me wonder if you mean travel to China and use your phone with your PM plan to text home to Canada? That isn’t going to work!

AE_Collector

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Camera4617 

Good tip to know. Thanks.

@Camera4617 wrote:

Instead of 011 I recommend using + in front of country code and then wherever you are in the world or whoever provider you use, they know that + is for international and will use proper code for it.. 011 if in Canada, but in other countries is something else and if you have + then you don't need to worry what that is.. When I go to Europe and buy local provider, that way works there too and I dont' need to change contacts phone number. 

+ CountryCode (86 for china) AreaCode PhoneNumber

@Camera4617, that is a good tip, but I was just answering for the PM service so that is just Canada and the US with the roaming add-on or if you are on the old plan that had US service as well.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Instead of 011 I recommend using + in front of country code and then wherever you are in the world or whoever provider you use, they know that + is for international and will use proper code for it.. 011 if in Canada, but in other countries is something else and if you have + then you don't need to worry what that is.. When I go to Europe and buy local provider, that way works there too and I dont' need to change contacts phone number. 

+ CountryCode (86 for china) AreaCode PhoneNumber

yanzhiqiang
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

SMS and MMS, you can send unlimited pictures to China. I like this very much

@hairbag1 wrote:

@OntarioQiangGe wrote:

Thanks @hairbag1 @ShawnC13  for the clear answer. 
Thanks @hairbag1, accepted @ShawnC13's answer as a solution, thenf orum do not allow to accept your answer as a solution.

No worries...just happy we were able to get you an answer for your question.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

@OntarioQiangGe wrote:

Thanks @hairbag1, accepted @ShawnC13's answer as a solution, thenf orum do not allow to accept your answer as a solution.

The site actually does allow it, but if someone else has given you the answer that you need and you then mark one of your own messages as the solution, others might not end up too happy.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OntarioQiangGe wrote:

While regulars here don't sweat these things too much as we win some we lose some...for future consideration, you can change it if you wish. Click on the three dots to the upper right of the post you don't wish to have as the solution. There will be an option to undo the solution. That will return the Accept as solution button. Go to the post you want and click that button. Done. Changed.

fyi

@OntarioQiangGe wrote:

No worries...just happy we were able to get you an answer for your question.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

OntarioQiangGe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@OntarioQiangGe wrote:

You can send and receive text messages from anyone, anywhere on the planet....as long as you are in Canada.

Texts to 011 + 86 + the local number

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@OntarioQiangGe wrote:

I think it would be the same steps as calling there.  Whatever country code is needed to dial should be input to text as well.  ( I have no personal experience with it though)

Yes it includes texting in Canada as well

Edited to Add:  So for China I think it would be 011-86-Area code- phone number

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.