cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Data - is this on all 5G plans?

ipro31
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi, 

Few weeks ago I subscribed to the PM Canada-US 4G plan. At the time I was told that only 5G plans come with Unlimited Data.

Now, PM is offering exact same Canada-US plan but with 5G. Do the Canada-US 5G plans come with Unlimited Data or not?

I checked the wording used and the $45 5G plan mentions unlimited data and the $50 Canada-US 5G plan fails to mention anything about unlimited data.

Second question which will be bonus to answer for me:

•If on 4G my data usage is 23gigs to 33gigs, would this mean if I'm on a 5G plan those numbers would be higher or same? 

93 REPLIES 93

Are you serious? Unfair? This plan is amazing. It's probably to manage costs on their partner networks. 40GB is very reasonable for a roaming plan. Last weeks message isn't necessarily still applicable today, but also "only" 5G plans offering unlimited data is different than "all" 5G plans offer it. 

ipro31
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Priority 

This is so unfair how they are marketing the Canada-US plans. Few days ago the PM Agent literally told me point blank only 5G plans offer unlimited data. Of course now they make a huge change and all of a sudden some 5G has unlimited and some do not. How convenient LOL. 

And of course if you want 2-country plan how convenient no unlimited data for you. 😂

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The Canada-US Plan ($50 • 40GB) does not include Unlimited Data, it is only 5G Speeds that have been added to it. 

After you've hit 40GB your data will be capped. Only the 30GB and 50GB Plans are currently being offered with Unlimited Data at this time. 

I wish we could have seen it also get Unlimited Data added, it's the plan I'm personally using but regardless even with Limited Data it is still a very good deal. 

Need Help? Let's chat.