cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Canada calling - call cannot be completed because used all minutes?

FDB
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried calling a different province and it said on my screen Public Mobile Assisted Dialing. Then it told me 'your call cannot be completed because you have used all available minutes' but i have the unlimited Canada wide calling? Help? 

When i called my husbands phone locally, it was able to go through. 

6 REPLIES 6

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.  Also dial 1 infront of the area code.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@FDB It sounds like your phone is dialing an incorrect (foreign) number because of the Assisted Dialling feature. Let's start by turning off Assisted Dialling.

Depending on your phone, you should be able to turn off this feature somewhere in the "Settings" app (there's usually a "search" feature within this app that will allow you to locate the particular setting and then turn it off.

Once you turn it off, let us know if you continue facing problems dialling out-of-province numbers.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@FDB 

Do other local calls work, as well as data/etc?  You can try restarting your phone although that is unlikely to change things.  Is that number in a different province located in a major urban area, or a smaller community?  Some areas/phone numbers/area codes get caught and aren't recognized as a Canadian number (for lack of better words).

You can try to reach out to a CS Agent (staff) for clarity as well through a ticket via the SIMon chatbot (chat bubble, lower-right corner) or message them here to have them look into it too.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@FDB   this is  a very common hiccup.  Try to put a one in front of the 10 digits number you are calling.

If still fail, try to reboot your phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

@FDB 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

for Example long distance, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

Good luck and enjoy the service

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@FDB 

Did you dial 1 in front of area code?  

Have you try calling other out of province numbers?   

Need Help? Let's chat.