cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uninstalled my whatsapp & non-stop error message

Note_II
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
An hour ago, I activated my sim card and inserted into my phone. Right after I turned on my phone, I notice my whatsapp on my home screen disappeared and few seconds later the error message of "Unfortunately the process com.android.has has stopped" keep popping up on the screen. Everytime I click to get rid of the error message, it pops up again in 2 seconds and the cycle continues. I cannot swipe to another screen within having to click to get rid of the error message.

Meanwhile, I keep receiving identical sms with my pin (about 8 of them). Took out the sim card, no more sms of pin but the error message is still there.

I searched through the forum and found no such topic. I don't know what Public mobile's sim card did to my phone and needless to say I am not a happy camper right now.

Not to mention I paid for the plan already and I can't use it. 

If anyone has similar experience or solution (tried the ones on google already and error message stlll pop up), please share. 

Public Mobile team, please contact me immediately to resolve this. I have no idea how your sim card can uninstall my whatsapp and created this error message. 
34 REPLIES 34

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If you take out the sim, does the error stop appearing?  How about if you put your old sim back in?

One thing that I'm curious about - is your phone unlocked?  I'm wondering if it's trying to display the unlock code to you and breaking, somehow.  That's the only thing I can think of that would be triggered by a new sim being put in.  

Just try the sim in another phone or factory reset your phone (back up first) and see if the error keeps popping up. This will prove if the phone or the sim is at fault. 

I'm really not sure how a moderator will be able to help in this case.  Countless people are using Public Mobile sim cards without such errors.  I really don't believe your sim card has anything to do with this error message.  These types of errors are caused by imperfections in software.  Moderators' hands are really going to be tied on this one because Public Mobile did not sell the phone to you.  All Public Mobile is likely going to be able to do is suggest a factory reset, and perhaps offer to send a replacement sim to you (although I doubt that will do anyhting).

Did u send a msg to mod yet I know you been trying to get a reply from mod for a while if you haven't send a msg then send one but I don't know if they can offer any help to u if you already tried factory reset option and issue still there how about pm services talk text data all working or no
Also did u tried taking your sim out and do a factory reset if you think it's related to sim if you do factory reset and then install whatsapp lets see if u get error or not if you do then its a hardware issue rather then sim toolkit or pm service issue
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Note_II you've done a factory reset and that didn't take away the issue?  really?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Note_II
Thanks guys. I have tried all of those before I decided to post the issue in this board.

I would have also posted the solution if it is fixed.

Just waiting for Mod or someone from Public Mobile to reach out to me.

@Note_II Feel free to await a moderator, but in the meantime you may wish to peruse these articles detailing similar Android app issues:

1. http://thedroidguy.com/2015/08/fix-samsung-galaxy-s5-unfortunately-the-process-com-android-phone-has...

2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha6AKvnJRP0

3. https://www.quora.com/Android-operating-system-How-can-I-solve-Unfortunately-System-UI-has-stopped-a...

Just in passing, have found nothing suggesting it is triggered by  SIM installation.

Good luck.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

srlawren

@Note_II to clarify, the error you're getting over and over is "Unfortunately the process com.android.has has stopped", right?

Have you tried these steps? :

http://thedroidguy.com/2017/03/how-to-fix-unfortunately-the-process-com-android-phone-has-stopped-90...

https://drfone.wondershare.com/android/process-com-android-phone-has-stopped.html

https://www.techjunkie.com/unfortunately-the-process-com-android-phone-has-stopped/

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Note_II
I don't know what the issue is here.

Upon inserting the public mobile sim card and turning on the phone, this error message keeps popping up. That's all I know.

As I mentioned before, if this can happen to me, it can happen to other users. All I want is a member from Public Mobile to reply my email or reach out to me in anyway to address this. Not to mention I paid for a service and I still can't use it.

Note_II
Yes I ordered the sim directly on the website. In fact, the first Sim didn't even arrive and they have to send me another one.

The whatsapp app is not the issue here. I can install it again . The problem is this error message keeps popping up so it paralyze my phone. I have to click on the error message and in between that 1 to 2 second before the same error message pop up, I can then navigate through the screen.

srlawren

@Note_II forgive me if this is a dumb quesiton but I just want to confirm: how did you obtain the SIM card?  DId you order it from https://store.publicmobile.ca/cart?  Or did you get it from some other means (ebay, craigslist, friend, some sort of brick and mortar store, etc)?  I just want to rule out the possibility that you did not get a legitimate SIM card.

@Someone_here except Public does not use this app

You can load all kinds of stuff into it, which Public does not do

Go ahead try it yourself; read a horoscope or play a song or

Either way @Note_II if you REALLY are convinced this app has something to do with Public (it does not) go to your /system/app directory

Delete stk.apk

All you will lose is the icon since it is not used here

@Note_II again this is a pure hardware issue

A few posters have mentioned the SIM toolkit application but Public does not even use this

Agreed with @will13am
Mod Can only check plan related issues if its hardware then they don't have access to your device from their end its doesnt look like service related issue i would do a full backup then restore it to factory setting
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

@Note_II wrote:
Yes, I tried the recovery mode to wipe cache as well and the problem persists.

I don't have another phone to use and my plan has started already. Still waiting for Public member to reply.

I don't know what you want the moderator team to say.  They will look at your account and if it is in good standing, there is not much they can do for you.  If you have reason to believe you have a bad SIM, they may be able to assist with getting you one perhaps for free.  They will not diagnose phone hardware and software issues and for good reason. 

Note_II
Yes, I tried the recovery mode to wipe cache as well and the problem persists.

I don't have another phone to use and my plan has started already. Still waiting for Public member to reply.

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

https://www.google.ca/amp/thedroidguy.com/2017/03/how-to-fix-unfortunately-the-process-com-android-p...

This is apparently a phone issue, or a sim toolkit error according to this page by either installing a custom rom, or updating. There are 4 steps in the link. If all 3 fail. The 4th is a factory reset. Mods will not help because this is now a phone issue, and I'm leaning towards this is more of a phone issue because I have been with various phone comapnines, and not once did I get an issue like this with my andriod phones.

But safest bet is just to do a factory reset

inigo_151

This definitely sounds more like a phone problem rather than a sim card problem. I've had this happen to a lot of my older android phones. It usually starts happening when the phone starts to crap out. I've never had this occur because of a sim card. So you might want to try rebooting the phone first and see if that clears anything up. If not, try a factory reset.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The moderators are probably going to do nothing here.  Their job is to deal with various account related problems.  They can't do much when a customer encounter problems with their phone software.  In terms of interaction with the phone, all a SIM card does is enable the phone to connect to a particular network and associate to a particular phone number.  

@Note_II, what model of phone is giving this problem?  What version of android is one the phone?

I did some Google searching and found a suggestion to delete the cache partition on the phone, reboot and let the cache partition rebuild.  Had that been tried?  This is done with phone in recovery mode, not the same as going to settings, apps and selecting an app and deleting cache.  

@kav2001c wrote:

@Note_II thats an Android error

Nothing to do with SIM card

Coincidental timing perhaps

@kav2001c

I do think it is an Android error, but it was likely triggered by the SIM, even if the SIM is not at fault. 

SIM Application Toolkit: "The SIM Application Toolkit consists of a set of commands programmed into the SIM which define how the SIM should interact directly with the outside world and initiates commands independently of the handset and the network"

kav2001c
Mayor / Maire

@Note_II thats an Android error

Nothing to do with SIM card

Coincidental timing perhaps

Whatelse you can do you tag few mod click on any name scroll down click on send a private msg and send a detailed explaination along with sim serial and phone number and they will reply back in the morning by private msg

Note_II

@Someone_here  Thanks. I will do so here. 

@Shazia_K 

@Mary_M

@MarieHelene_L

@Simon_O

Looking forward to hear from you, Mod. 

It's a unique issue never heard anyone encounter before let's see what mod have say I would think last and best option is full factory reset if you unable to reinstall

Note_II

It will jeopardize a different phone by trying the same sim card. 

I have not reinstall whatsapp yet as the error message is forbidding me from doing anything without interruption. 

I understand. Not sure they would have a solution as I still think that it is a random hardware problem that could have happened with any SIM (even if the SIM toolkit seems to be the trigger, I don't think the SIM is at fault), but still worth asking 🙂

Best way to reach a mod is to contact them directly.

If you want them to answer in this thread then mention them so they get a notification (like this with one of their user names: @Note_II).

@Samianauman, I think this won't be possible, because as @Note_II said, "Everytime I click to get rid of the error message, it pops up again in 2 seconds and the cycle continues. I cannot swipe to another screen within having to click to get rid of the error message. Took out the sim card and the error message is still there.". To me this is not a Whatsapp problem... And I am not sure they will feel like trying the SIM in another phone 😉

It's more like phone issue never heard sim related to app issue but try your sim in other phone if its sim related then you should get same issue on different phone if not more likely factory reset is your last option
Also if you reinstall whatsapp did you verify your number in app

https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/android/28000018

Note_II

Factor reset is the last last solution. I am waiting for Public Mobile to reply with a solution. If this can happen to me, it can happen to other users as well. 

@Note_II wrote:

Yes, I google and tried all of those methods as well, still didn't work. 

Including the factory reset?

Note_II

Yes, I google and tried all of those methods as well, still didn't work. 

The whatsapp I can install it again. It is sim card that somehow activated a code or something which cause the error message keep popping up.

Need Help? Let's chat.