cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized payment

mhoraski77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public mobile it would be appreciated if someone could get in touch with me. Today there was a unauthorized charge made to my account in the amount of $52.50. Since my current bill is not due till September 17th this charge was not authorized by me for this date. 

14 REPLIES 14

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mhoraski77 there's nothing more the community can do for you now.  If you haven't already, please send the moderators a PM as per @mimmo's reply.  If you've already messaged them, all you can do now is wait to hear back unfortunately.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mhoraski77

Yes I am switching to the 8 GB for $50

no this is the only PM account but I have called the bank and they’ve confirmed the visa debit transaction was indeed public mobile for the amount of $52.50 

mhoraski77

Yes that is what I have done. I’ve switched to one of the ready made promo plans for next bill cycle. 

@mhoraski77, I don't see any charge listed for today.  Do you have another PM account?  Also have you changed your plan to the 6GB for $45?  I saw in your post it was still $50

ETA Never mind you are probably going to the 8GB plan for $50

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@mhoraski77 wrote:

I’ve messaged a moderator. Hopefully something will be rectified quicklyI’ve messaged a moderator. Hopefully something will be rectified quickly

On a different note, I suggest switching to this ready made plan instead of using the build your own plan function.  You get the same plan features for $45.  When there are discounts, they are presented by way of ready made plans.  The build your own plan function is not updated to yield the same cost as the ready made plan discount.  It is a bit of a trap for customers.  Always look at ready made plans to see if there is a cheaper option there before using the plan builder. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans/45for6GB-3Gspeed

@KMG wrote:

@mhoraski77 wrote:

CD492CBE-81A6-4A31-A827-E2CF04286C3C.png

Based on this, and the fact that you set your plan to change on your next renewal date, it looks like you were charged inappropriately.

You should contact the Moderator Team so that they can reverse the charge.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The last charge according to the payment history is August 19.  It would be a new glitch if payments are being taken from a customer's credit card but not logged in the system. 

mimmo

are you able to send them a copy of your transaction history of your cc?  that would help resolve the issue faster.  also asking for the funds to be put as available credit will be much faster than asking for a refund.  

mhoraski77

I’ve messaged a moderator. Hopefully something will be rectified quicklyI’ve messaged a moderator. Hopefully something will be rectified quickly

KMG
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mhoraski77 wrote:

Based on this, and the fact that you set your plan to change on your next renewal date, it looks like you were charged inappropriately.

You should contact the Moderator Team so that they can reverse the charge.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mhoraski77

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Given the long wait time for moderator team assistance at the moment, it would useful to post the payment history here and forum members can help with interpretation before going to the moderator team. 

mhoraski77

Hello, 

yes im sure it was made by public mobile as I called the bank to verify. I did do a plan change to take affect on next billing cycle September 17th. I have also verified that in my account on public mobile and it states it will take affect on the cycle date. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@mhoraski77 wrote:

Public mobile it would be appreciated if someone could get in touch with me. Today there was a unauthorized charge made to my account in the amount of $52.50. Since my current bill is not due till September 17th this charge was not authorized by me for this date. 

Does this charge match what your current plan cost is?  Did you do a plan change or anything to your account.  What plan are you on, and you are sure it was made by Public Mobile?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo

@mhoraski77 You will need to contact mods directly with your account info.  See below.  Do you have any other lines with public? Can you post a screenshot of your payment history.?

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Some good posts/reads:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-") to find some great posts and answers to many common questions

Need Help? Let's chat.