cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unacceptable - 50% of the time when I answer an incoming call, it hangs up

musicollector
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As soon as people call me, it hangs up on me as soon as I answer. In fact, it happens within milliseconds of my answering, as soon as I say "hello"! Any ideas? Doesn't happen all the time, but happens to at least 50% of my calls. I called 611, but I do not hear any option for service or support! 😡

11 REPLIES 11

musicollector

I contacted Customer Support. They did a few things on their end - I am as good as gold. Thanks to all who attempted to help me.🙏👏🏻

musicollector

Will try that and report back. Thanks.

musicollector

Did not work.

musicollector

I am using a Oneplus 5. But, it works part of the time. in the city, so it should not be a coverage issue. With my previous SIM, I never had a problem on this particular phone.

@musicollector   I would ask customer support to take a look at your account as it might need to be re-provisioned as that shouldn't be happening, or very rarely.

You could try the SIM in another phone and reboot and back to yours and reboot.

edit:  @musicollector   perhaps try a network reset too.

Logan2021
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Could it be the location? I know there are cold spots where i won't get reception. Does it happen all the time? Also what phone are you using? It could be an issue with hardware but it may be hard to tell.

musicollector

The instant I answer it, there is no connection! How very convenient - incoming calls are free but outgoing calls are limited to 100 minutes! 😡Is there a fix? I am fed up. However, about like 20% of the time it works. But I want it to work 100% of the time. Or at least most of the time.

musicollector

Already done. Thanks a million.

@musicollector use 2G/3G (Automatic)

musicollector

I have three options:

• 2G/3G/4G (Automatic)
    which is where I have it currently set)
  • 2G/3G (Automatic)
  • 2G only

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @musicollector try changing your network to 3G Only and see if it helps.  It could be the 3G network is weak and it took too long to connect so it hang up passing the time

Need Help? Let's chat.