Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to verify my card

BLCK08462
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Since yesterday, whenever I try to make a payment I recieve this message:

Unable to Process Transaction 
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

What does this mean? I've been using the same card to make previous payments. My due date is today.

9 REPLIES 9

BLCK08462

@stonechucker wrote:

@BLCK08462, I see you had problems once before about 18 months ago. At that time, you were not enrolled in AutoPay, and I imagine that is still the case now?

Let's try a voucher - www.recharge.com   Use your credit card there to get a voucher that will cover your available balance, and load that up.

Deal with the credit card issue afterwards.

Yes, I've never used AutoPay

BLCK08462

Thanks for the replies.

I've been using the same card since being with PM. Nothing's changed and the card hasn't exspired yet. I tried removing the card and using it again. Didn't work. I tried different browsers. Didn't work. 

I bought some vouchers so I'll try and see if they work.

elahav

What browser/OS are you using? I've had the exact same issue for the last few days on Ubuntu 16.04. Switching from Firefox to Chrome fixed the problem for me.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@BLCK08462 wrote:

Since yesterday, whenever I try to make a payment I recieve this message:

Unable to Process Transaction 
Sorry, we are unable to verify your credit card information, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged.

What does this mean? I've been using the same card to make previous payments. My due date is today.

What happens if you call 611 and try to make a payment that way with the same card?

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BLCK08462 there have been a bunch of people reporting cc issues.

Most common culprits are:

Selfserve address and cc address do not match

Issue with unit number so omit it

Postal code leave out last digit 

@BLCK08462, I see you had problems once before about 18 months ago. At that time, you were not enrolled in AutoPay, and I imagine that is still the case now?

Let's try a voucher - www.recharge.com   Use your credit card there to get a voucher that will cover your available balance, and load that up.

Deal with the credit card issue afterwards.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Is it possible you've got a new card recently, and need to update the expiry date information?

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Finicky at the best of times. Try a different browser or an incognito window.

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If all else fails you could purchase a voucher from recharge.com and load it that way...ive noticed a few very knowledgable members here this morning so other options to try wont be long ..

Need Help? Let's chat.