cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to update credit card info

Toller
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm unable to update my credit card info on the website. 'Try again later...'

I'm worried my service will be interrupted. I tried opening a ticket, but the website gives me an error doing that as well. 'Try again later...'

Is there a way to have a rep contact me here through the forum?

9 REPLIES 9

Toller

Public had acknowledged the issue was on their end. Downloading the latest version of resolved the problem

Toller

@Flojopeters they're telling me they don't have an ETA, and to retry periodically

Flojopeters

As already stated, it won't let us open a ticket.

Toller

Sounds like there is a known issue and I am impacted. I am to try again on Thursday. 

just a heads up for others if you are experiencing a similar behaviour 

Toller

Just an update here, still having an issue. I waited several days, just in case. I tried the following:
Waited 48 hrs
Tried different browser, incognito/private, app

Tried a different credit card

No luck.

Toller

Thanks for the help everyone, tried several browsers, the app, opened a ticket, they suggested trying the app.

still getting a generic try again later.

Its too bad the message wasn’t a little more decsriptive

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Toller 

if you not in a rush to update the card for payment, please wait 24 hours and try again.  Please try on BOTH browser as well as using Public Mobile app

And, if you need to make payment urgently to resume service, you can get a voucher from SDM/London Drug/711/Shell and then load the voucher using *611 on your phone (or 1.855.4PUBLIC from another phone) to resume service first and then try updating the card again later

If nothing works,  best to open ticket with PM support:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Toller 

Some customers are still having issues updating card information.

Here is some more trouble shooting advice form Public mobile:

If you are still experiencing issues with your card please note these details:

• Log out of your account and relog in before updating your card
  • If you attempted to update the same card multiple times please try again tomorrow or today with a different card as there is a daily limit on update attempts for security purposes. 
  • Make sure that your credit card postal code matches your phone number's area code
  • As always, please be sure that you are inputting the correct card details

You might also want to try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  

You can contact customer service agent, but the problem is that CSA supposedly can't change credit card information.  (only remove credit info). 

If you don't have service, you could also purchase a payment voucher in store (ie. shoppers, canadian tire, etc). 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Toller 

you should be able to use the laptop to update but if not..use this link to message Customer Support...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

give them as much account info as you can..ie: account number, phone number, name...etc

sp

Need Help? Let's chat.