cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up an account or activate SIM

shemawilliams
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I obtained a SIM and attempted to set up my account. The page froze at the "enter credit card" page and now when I try to log into my account it says it does not recognize my email address or information and when I try to set up a new account it says my phone number is not available. Thanks for the help! 

-Rhianna  

4 REPLIES 4

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@shemawilliams  Insert the sim in your device and check to see if it connects to the Public Mobile network. If yes, you sim was activated. Dial 611 is your account active? If yes, and you cannot access you selfserve account then you need to submit a ticket to Public Mobile for help.

If you cannot connect to the network then you must wait for an hour so that the current session lock can clear before attempting the card activation a second time.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Dtack
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi - welcome to Public Mobile.  Setting up the SIM card can sometimes be time consuming.  Check to see if your credit card was charged or not.  If not you may have to wait an hour and try again.  It is best to clear your browser and try google chrome and not edge if that is what you were on.  Mine did the same thing with Edge but was fine when I used Chrome and the Ipad.   Hope this works for you!

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your credit card to see if you were charged.  If not then try using a different browser and incognito mode.  Also clear your cache and cookies then reboot and try registering again.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@shemawilliams wrote:

I obtained a SIM and attempted to set up my account. The page froze at the "enter credit card" page and now when I try to log into my account it says it does not recognize my email address or information and when I try to set up a new account it says my phone number is not available. Thanks for the help! 

-Rhianna  

Did your cc payment go through (charged)? If not try activating the sim again.

Clear your browser cache/history/cookies. Close browser and open a new browser in incognito/private mode. 

Need Help? Let's chat.