cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to send SMS after port

duf1981
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent I have directly messaged customer service yesterday but no answer yet. I submitted a port request yesterday to move from Bell to PM. I didn't get the SMS from bell asking for permission until this morning. I responded yes. That was about an hour and a half ago. Now my Bell sim is no longer provisioned. I'm not able to send SMS at this point so I'm not really sure what's going on. 

15 REPLIES 15

fixin1
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@duf1981 - Yes, it really sucks with no SMS for you.

There is honestly nothing I can do other than give suggestions.

duf1981

I've sent many messages to @CS_Agent 

And opened a ticket. 

fixin1

@duf1981 - Yes, I know how frustrating it can get without a service (Like SMS & MMS)

But maybe just contact CS_Agent again.

But then you would lose your phone number because you would have to reply to the SMS.

duf1981

If it's more than 1 day I'll unfortunately be going to a different carrier. I can't just sit waiting without SMS capabilities 

fixin1

@duf1981 - Ohhh, so you should wait for CS_Agent's reply to re-provision the eSIM.

Also if it is more than 3 days of waiting for CS_Agent to reply, please make another ticket:

⬇️  Click the link for an Agent * ⬇️

https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/xYpc_I

If the link above doesn’t work correctly OR you don’t have access to Log In, please go here to create a ticket to CS_Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

* - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. * CS_Agents are at load due to iMessage activation issues so it may take longer than 48 hours. * They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

duf1981

I am using a public mobile esim so I can't do that. 

fixin1

@duf1981 - No, you could also try inserting your SIM card into another device to see if that re-provision works.

But changing the phone number will not help, it is a SIM card provision issue by the sounds of it.

duf1981

If I change my phone number will that make a difference?

duf1981

Id prefer not to have to message clients from a new number. I would just like @CS_Agent to get back to me asap 

fixin1

@duf1981 - I am assuming that the SIM card needs re-provisioning. Luckily it is not a port issue if you can receive calls and send calls.

Also if you need SMS to send to customers you may want to use TextNow as a temporary solution unless you do not want another number for only today & possibly tomorrow.

duf1981

I can confirm that data and phone calls work. I just cam not send or receive SMS which is important for my business 

duf1981

I hope so. 

fixin1

@duf1981 - Yes, they will have to re-provision your SIM card (Though you will not lose your phone number) but hopefully they reply to you today since their department opens in 1 minute.

duf1981

So I may not have SMS for a few days? That's ridiculous 

fixin1

@duf1981 - CS_Agent will typically get back to you within 48 hours. * CS_Agents are at load due to iMessage activation issues so it may take longer than 48 hours. *  They work 7 days a week from 9 AM to 10 PM EST.  You will be required to login to your Public Mobile Community Account to contact CS_Agent. Once you are finished making the ticket with CS_Agent, please ensure that you monitor for one of the agents responding back to you because they may notify you asking for some information via Private Message, in your community mailbox by clicking this link here: Mailbox

Need Help? Let's chat.