cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive incoming calls post porting number with esim

TimSam
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm having problems after porting number. I can make calls, send and receive texts, mobile data is ok, however I cannot receive incoming calls.  

Also, noticed in my sim status it says "phone number on sim unknown".

If I could please have some help with this issue.

Phone is pixel 6, ported out from Fido, in my account it has my number as the number that I ported out from Fido. 

24 REPLIES 24

hi @TeeTee21 number sent.  please check community inbox

TeeTee21
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, can you send me the number as well

TimSam

In the end things worked out for me. I ended up getting a physical sim at the store.

I don't know what the issue was, all I know is that I was trying to call from a VOIP line and I couldn't receive calls from, even after getting a physical sim I still wasn't able to receive VOIP calls. Was able to receive calls from Rogers client after getting physical sim, however I didnt try calling with any number than the VOIP prior to the physical sim.

Today I am able to get VOIP calls as well. So, I'm not sure if it was an esim issue, VoIP issue, etc. 

Maggie913

@Handy1 I am having same problem.  Please send me porting team number as well.

@alexpings  Sent 

alexpings

Hey there, I'm having issues with this as well. Would you mind messaging me too? 

Thank you!

Hi @ciretos  sent !

ciretos

@Handy1 Can you send me the number please? I'm having issues with porting as well.

thanks

@mrsblondee  Yes , sent to your inbox 

mrsblondee
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Handy1 can you please PM me the port support phone number too? My port wasn't successful either >.<

@rev1717  Sure thing sent to your inbox 

rev1717

Hi @Handy1 I have the same porting problem unable to receive text and calls properly can you also send me the number?

peternxv

Hi @hTideGnow - can you also send me the porting team number? I received a text saying the porting was not successful because of incorrect ESN/MEID was entered. Supposedly someone was to call me but it's been 5 hours and I have not gotten a call yet. I copied and pasted the IMEI from my iPhone so I'm not sure how I could have messed it up 😞 

@Ahndreeah  Sure thing sent 

Ahndreeah

I'm having the same problem. Can you pm me as well?

Thanks

maribethdcruz

Thank you so much 😊 

@TimSam  You can use this link to your community in box , or tap your avatar and select messages from drop down menu 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

TimSam

Where is this community inbox?

HI @maribethdcruz 

I will send you the porting team number as well. 

maribethdcruz

I have the same issue. I ported mine last night and it’s been more than a day without calls and text messages. When people try to call me, it’s going directly to voice mail. I have already sent a request to the support but there is no response. Someone please help me. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@TimSam  Sounds like the port hasn’t completed . No worries I’ll send you the porting team number private message and give them old providers account number and ignore the IMEI it’s not needed and they can re trigger the port request for you 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @TimSam  if you cannot receive calls, the porting was not done.  Your inbound text might not be real sms but just iMessage

there is a porting team you can call to confirm porting status.  i will message you the phone number.  Check your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.