cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make or receive calls

CHRIS5828
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New account here. I can’t make or receive calls. 
I’ve reinserted SIM card

airplane mode on, then off

reset data network ( it’s saying Public Mobile Network)

anything else I can do?  

6 REPLIES 6

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@CHRIS5828 you see your phone connected to PM Network?  Any error message on top like Sim not provisioned? No sim?

Since you cannot make outgoing calls as well, it is not just a porting issue. Ain fact, it could be problem with sim provisioning.  please open ticket with PM support:. it should be a quick fix for them

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

**Start with typing "Forgot Login Information", click "Contact Us", click "Click here to submit a ticket".

2. Or Private message to the CS Agent: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened. CS Agent will reply to you there

Coverhiro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CHRIS5828 

I would try everything that people here have recommended as well.

For me it was recommended I call their porting team, which I did using somebody else's phone. The wait time for me was over an hour and they confirmed for me that the number was ported successfully but that Public Mobile had to do something on their end.

I received a text from my previous carrier asking me to accept the port and reply Yes, which i did and I also received a notice of cancellation from my previous carrier with final notice of Bill.

Even after those things, I still required Public Mobile technical support to step in. I'm letting you know there are options, but yes definitely try all these things people here have recommended as well. If you want the porting team number, message me and I can give it to you also.

Take care.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@CHRIS5828 

If you tried to port in your phone number, check out your mailbox, I'll send you a phone number to call and ask about your port request.

Coverhiro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hello @CHRIS5828 

When did you port it?

I activated my account and had to port my number over a little more than a week ago.

The porting showed that it was complete but I couldn't make or receive any calls.

Under network it showed Public mobile and the correct settings.

I eventually had to reach out to a Customer Service Agent @CS_Agent and they submitted a ticket for somebody on their tech team to fix it.

It was working within the hour after that happened. Before that it wouldn't work no matter what network reset, turning off the phone and so on.

Here’s when and how to contact our Customer Support Agents:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to our Agents. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to our Agents by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@CHRIS5828 

If you ported your old number over to PM, you need to reply to the text confirming you are porting over to PM with the old SIM in your phone. There is a 90 minute window for you to confirm.

But if you picked a new number, reboot your phone by powering the phone off.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@CHRIS5828 

Did you try to port in your old phone number at the same time?

Did you reply to the PAT text from your old carrier?

Need Help? Let's chat.