cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to log into My Account

mousehunter
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I not able to log into selfserve.publicmobile.ca after having signed up and paid for a plan. This is what I see instead:

screencapture-selfserve-publicmobile-ca-en-account-overview-2023-02-16-21_40_53.png

I'm able to reset my password, but clicking on the link to my account after that leads to this page:

screencapture-telusidentity-telus-as-authorization-oauth2-2023-02-16-21_50_39.png

I'm also unable to connect to the network with my mobile phone with the SIM card inserted.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14

mousehunter

Thanks for responding, everything's working fine now. Guess they were doing some unscheduled maintenance or something.

To avoid confusion, the link I provided was what I was redirected to when I clicked on the link to "My Account" after resetting my password. The actual link contained query parameters that I stripped out when posting it here. Thought it might provide more context for troubleshooting.

mousehunter

Everything seems to be back up now, so I guess that's problem solved!

Thanks for the tip about the chatbot, sounds useful the next time something goes wrong.

mousehunter

Yeah, I was glad to be able to accomplish that before going to bed. Thanks for the tip about *611, will use that the next time I have problems.

@mousehunter wrote:

A couple more details:

The address of the page with the red error message was https://telusidentity.telus.com/as/authorization.oauth2

Email was used to reset the password.

I also get an error with that link you provided @mousehunter .

Ensure you are going to the top right of your community page to select "My Account"

esjliv_0-1664363565632.png

Try using this link to log into My Account. Can you log in successfully here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/overview

@darlicious- I tried 611 before replying and yes it's also down. But lo and behold, the chatbot can log in. Gee, wouldn't it be nice to be able to do some functions in that service? What do you know. In any event, quick, someone run to Mobil and reactivate a non-self-suspended account with real time payments. See if it works.

@mousehunter- If you would like to test your login you can get to the chatbot and login. You can't do anything, but you can look at some stuff about your account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mousehunter 

Self serve is down...again this often happens between midnight and 5 to 6am eastern. Looks like you managed to provision your own Sim card at least. Have you tried calling 611? It may or may not be down too....?

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Submitting a ticket was for the activation which seems solved now. We just have to wait an unknown amount of time to be able to log in to accounts. They announced a downtime for the 14th but all too frequently these days they just seem to shut it all down for the night practically every night.

mousehunter

👌I'll do that as soon as I figure out how to get the chatbot to let me submit a support ticket.

mousehunter

I was going to follow your suggestions but decided to swop SIM cards with my backup phone first, and guess what? It works now! So I guess my problem is partially (mostly) solved. Still unable to log into My Account though, am getting the same error message. Guess the service is down even if the chatbot says otherwise?

@dust2dust wrote:

Can you do another full power off and restart. Then also try reset network settings. You will lose saved wifi's and saved bluetooth connections.

I wonder if the account system being down had some connection to activations.

Many thanks to @dust2dust for taking the time to help.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@mousehunter 

It sounds like your Sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. You need to contact customer support to properly provision your Sim card to your account. Click on SIMon at the bottom of the page to submit your customer support ticket.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar for a little number to pop up indicating a reply from customer support. They open at 6am eastern.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Can you do another full power off and restart. Then also try reset network settings. You will lose saved wifi's and saved bluetooth connections.

I wonder if the account system being down had some connection to activations.

mousehunter

I'm unable to connect to Public at all. I wasn't able to make calls or send text messages.

I did get to the Transaction Summary page that says "Your SIM card is now active on Canada’s largest Mobile Network" so it seems like the activation was successful?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Looks like the account system is down...again.

Do you mean connect to Public at all for talk/text/data? Or just data? Were you actually successful activating? Paid and seemed to suggest being successful?

mousehunter

A couple more details:

The address of the page with the red error message was https://telusidentity.telus.com/as/authorization.oauth2

Email was used to reset the password.

Need Help? Let's chat.