cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to link Auto Pay using Credit Card - Works fine with Debit Card

a1_gaurav
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi All

I am unable to link Auto May with my CIBC credit card. The error being thrown is that the transaction is being denied by the Bank, however I am entering all correct details. 

When I am doing it with my debit card, its setting up the auto pay fine. I tried the same thing in my wife's account. It didnt work with credit card but worked with Debit card. 

Please advise, I would prefer linking to a credit card. 

2 REPLIES 2

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

I agree with @cappaj about double checking with your bank. If it's a bank error as you have suggested, they should be able to see why the error is happening. Report back once you know if this was the issue or not. Robot Happy

cappaj
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@a1_gaurav wrote:

Hi All

I am unable to link Auto May with my CIBC credit card. The error being thrown is that the transaction is being denied by the Bank, however I am entering all correct details. 

When I am doing it with my debit card, its setting up the auto pay fine. I tried the same thing in my wife's account. It didnt work with credit card but worked with Debit card. 

Please advise, I would prefer linking to a credit card. 

Have you tried contacting the bank to see if anything's up (like a hold put on the card because of a recent large purchase or international purchase or whatever)? And double-check all the details (name on card, expiry date, billing address) are correct?

Need Help? Let's chat.