cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to create online account

jshals
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am new to PM, i just transferred my number from Koodo. I am trying to create a self-serve account but unable to, the error message i keep getting is my number is invalid OR i have already created an account.

It is more then 2hours since my number was ported from Koodo. I have been able to make calls and send text messages, so not sure why the system says my number is invalid when i try to create an account.

Can someone please help?

Jordan

18 REPLIES 18

@jshals ,  did the mobile rep asked you for an email address? Try forget password link with that email and see if it will send you a password reset

Look like Kiosk have a special way to contact Mod to port the number right a way.  If so, that's certainly another advantage to activate there.

I guess Kiosk has the number to call  Mod directly.  When I activated a line in Warlmart, it got error out on the activation  page but they did call a number too to get thing sorted out.

jshals

@hTideGnow 

yes i tried, it rang. i am also receiving text messages.

for some reason when i try creating a self-serve account mentions invalid phone number.

@jshals , I believe you just activated the line today.. and you said they ported Koodo number already ..did you try calling yourself with the old (koodo) number, did your phone with the PM SIM card ring?  

jshals

@esjliv 

yes i have numerous times, i even tried the new temp number they initially gave me.

At this point i think i will just call it a night and wait for a Moderator response tomorrow, not sure what they did when the setup the PM sim card.

Thanks for your responses, lets see what happens when Mods respond.

@jshals wrote:

@RosieR 

This was all done for me in store. The store rep did the steps for me, he called in and got my number ported over. I am not sure who he called.

They did give me a new number, but then the rep decided to help me and get it all set for me.

I can make calls and send text messages on the PM network using my ported number.

@jshals ok now we're cooking with gas lol.  The store rep did the right thing and gave you a new number.  I don't know who he called but that is new to me.  You can make calls and send texts using your PM sim card because activation of your sim card is complete.  

Open a self serve account using the link I mentioned above. Log in and click the Plan and add-Ons tab.  If you see your number there, then Public Mobile has already assigned that number to your account.

Keep your Koodo sim card in your phone, so you can receive verification texts about your number transfer.  You have to reply to these text or your porting will not proceed.

Goodnight, see you in the morning

RosieR

@jshals wrote:

@esjliv 

well, i can make calls, i can send and receive text messages using my old number on the PM network, so looks like its all working.

@jshals , okay, so when you try to register for an account, you should be using the old number, not the new "koodo" number. 

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Have you tried the old number?

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

only till 10pm?  we work harder than the Mod then  🙂

But surprise they start early (6am) .. and work the same hours on the weekend.

jshals

@esjliv 

well, i can make calls, i can send and receive text messages using my old number on the PM network, so looks like its all working.

Any Moderators here that can look into this sooner / quicker?

@jshals  fyi - Moderators have gone to bed. Hopefully they will respond to you swiftly tomorrow.

When Are Moderators Available And How Long Till I Get A Response?

During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Moderators are available:

• Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/moderator-hours-of-operation

@jshals wrote:

@RosieR 

This was all done for me in store. The store rep did the steps for me, he called in and got my number ported over. I am not sure who he called.

They did give me a new number, but then the rep decided to help me and get it all set for me.

I can make calls and send text messages on the PM network using my ported number.

@jshals 

Are ALL your services working for your Koodo/Telus number(s)?

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

But that 2nd method for contacting the moderators can help you with that...but I believe you already sent them a message, so wait for their response.

@jshals wrote:

@esjliv thanks for response. Yes the sim card activation and number was ported in store, the store rep helped me.

I tried deleting cache and incognito, still getting the same error message. 

I tried doing the faster method to get this to the Moderators, unfortunately before i can create a ticket i have to login, for some reason the system will not allow me to login through the ticket page, so i have had to go the slow method.

@jshals sorry but the store cannot port your Koodo number.  After activating in-store, you should create a self serve account here.

There are only two ways to contact the Moderator Team.  

• Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (hopefully less) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep checking the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

jshals

@RosieR 

@jshals wrote:

@esjliv thanks for response. Yes the sim card activation and number was ported in store, the store rep helped me.

I tried doing the faster method to get this to the Moderators, unfortunately before i can create a ticket i have to login, for some reason the system will not allow me to login through the ticket page, so i have had to go the slow method.

@jshals 

Ah ha, yes, you will need to go the slower method. The faster are for customers who have already created a self serve account!

But I am sure you will hear back from the Moderators tomorrow. 

Did you try to register with the number you were provided with when you activated?

jshals

RosieR
Mayor / Maire

@jshals wrote:

Hello,

I am new to PM, i just transferred my number from Koodo. I am trying to create a self-serve account but unable to, the error message i keep getting is my number is invalid OR i have already created an account.

It is more then 2hours since my number was ported from Koodo. I have been able to make calls and send text messages, so not sure why the system says my number is invalid when i try to create an account.

Can someone please help?

Jordan

Hi @jshals the process for transferring your number from Koodo to Public Mobile is this:

1.  Activate your Public Mobile sim card here New Activation Portal.

2.  During activation, choose a new number.

3.  After activation, contact the Moderator Team to port your number here.

Have you done all those?

You cannot transfer your Koodo number to Public Mobile directly.  You have to choose a new number first, and then contact the moderators to port your number.  If this procedure is not followed, your porting cannot proceed.

Please give us more information so we can help you further.

Welcome to Public Mobile

RosieR

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@jshals 

The self-serve portal seems to be undergoing maintenance as some functions are inoperable for past few hours. 

This may be a cause for the hiccup. 

Would suggest trying in AM.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Since you transfer from Koodo,  I will assume you are using the new process.  Activate with a new number first and message mod for phone number port.   

So before you transfer, you should have activated with another phone number.  did you try to create the new Self-Serve account with that number?  I would assume it is possible the back end is another system and they have not updated quick enough.  

Of course, you can wait another day before trying to setup the account account with the "ported" phone number

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@jshals So if you have not created a self serve account you must have activated a Public Mobile SIM card in store?

Are you using this link to create a self serve account?

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Try clearing browser's cache and open a tab in incognito mode.

If issues still persist contact Moderators for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Need Help? Let's chat.