cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to 1-800 number

areid2003
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am unable to connect to a 1-800 number but my son who has the same service with Public can. Not sure who to contact. Service works fine otherwise and I need to be able to connect to this 1-800 number for work purposes.I have replaced the phone and have same problem so it is not related to the phone perhaps the account (SIM)?

18 REPLIES 18

@Palmermichael42 wrote:

Why am not able to connect with the customer service 1800?

@Palmermichael42 Public does not have a number but no need to call anyone.

Setting up AutoPay means that you earn $2 every 30 days!
To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

2Capture.PNG

Two options are available: "Replace this credit card" and "Remove this credit card"
Use "Replace this credit card" to update the CC info

If you're having trouble registering or updating your credit card, here are a few tips you can try: 

1. Make sure the billing information you entered is exactly as shown on your credit card statement.
    2. Do not include any apartment/condo/suite numbers, and do not enter any special characters or abbreviations in the address line.

Hope this helps!

@Palmermichael42 wrote:

There is no "customer service" person to call at Public Mobile. Follow direction provided by @JoyLuck to get your credit card changed on your account.

😷

@Palmermichael42  go into your self serve account, click on payment. Then manage auto pay. You can add new card there. You can also remove cards from there.

have a great day! 

@Palmermichael42 wrote:

The customer service for PM is through this community forum. There is no 1 800 number. If the community here cannot assist, you can choose the question mark in the lower right hand corner to find your answer or connect with a PM representative called a moderator. Do you have a specific question we can help you with?

Palmermichael42
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@areid2003 wrote:

Thank you . I did not even think of that. Much appreciated. Issue resolved.

@areid2003  Glad to hear! 🙂

areid2003

Thank you . I did not even think of that. Much appreciated. Issue resolved.

@Palmermichael42 wrote:

How can I cancel the crédit card that is on file . I did cancel that credit card because it was lost and replace with a new 1

You can do that in self service:

cc1.jpg

Palmermichael42
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How can I cancel the crédit card that is on file . I did cancel that credit card because it was lost and replace with a new 1

@areid2003 wrote:

Actually we both have different area codes. He has 705 and I am 647. I did not think of that. Any suggested resolution?

@areid2003  Check to see if that 1-800 has a local GTA number that you can call.

areid2003

Actually we both have different area codes. He has 705 and I am 647. I did not think of that. Any suggested resolution?

@areid2003  do you and your son have the same area codes? Maybe  you have a newer one and they haven't updated the 1800 number yet.

@areid2003 wrote:

The number was removed from contact list and re-entered and also tried manually. Same result. Unable to connect.

@areid2003  Try your son's sim in your phone and dial the number. Does it work? If yes, is his area code the same as yours?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@areid2003 I would create a ticket with mods to ask them to restart your account on their end. Click on ? on bottom right of the page and follow directions.

areid2003

Phone has been rebooted several times already and finally replaced with same result. Unable to connect.

Same SIM in two different phones yields same results.

areid2003

The number was removed from contact list and re-entered and also tried manually. Same result. Unable to connect.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@areid2003 wrote:

I am unable to connect to a 1-800 number but my son who has the same service with Public can. Not sure who to contact. Service works fine otherwise and I need to be able to connect to this 1-800 number for work purposes.I have replaced the phone and have same problem so it is not related to the phone perhaps the account (SIM)?

@areid2003  To eliminate the possibility of having entered the number incorrectly in you contacts did you try calling the number manually?

Need Help? Let's chat.